how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

colorbars

join:2003-03-20
USA

[Qwest] Actiontec Q1000 web interface slow

I'm using a Qwest-branded Actiontec Q1000 modem/router and ever since I installed it it's been insanely slow to load the page assets when I use the web interface. It literally takes 5 seconds or more to fully load the page. Webpages from the other side of the world load faster than the pages being served up on my own network. Anybody else seeing this and is there anything I can do about it?

player

join:2005-09-28
The web interface is slow in general. Your best option is to access the web interface only from a wired connection.

colorbars

USA
I do, though testing from the wireless interface didn't seem any different. There's definitely something wrong.

ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ
Mine loads it's pages immediately. Are you going through a lot of slow hubs and switches to get to it? If you ping it what kind of times do you get? I get less than 1ms.

colorbars

USA
It's connected directly into a 1Gbps NIC on the computer and my pings agree with yours. There's something goofy about loading the web page assets. Previous Actiontec router/modems (GT704WG and GT701) had no such issues.