Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_ to brad152

Premium Member

to brad152

Re: [OK] Cox whole home dvr

Can you use a TIVO on a remote TV? I have one tv in the house with no box and it would be nice to have it connected to the tivo with a UHF remote. (it's not a high def tv)

-Rob

Anonguy
@cox.net

Anonguy

Anon

said by Rob_:

Can you use a TIVO on a remote TV? I have one tv in the house with no box and it would be nice to have it connected to the tivo with a UHF remote. (it's not a high def tv)

-Rob

You could use a Tivo Mini.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Would that cost another cable card?

What I'd love to do is have an 8 tuner TIVO and connect it to all the TV's but they don't make HDMI cable that long

-Rob
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152

The TiVo mini just "streams" everything over a MoCA network from the premiere box, so for instance in my house, i have 3 TV's and just purchased the Premiere 4XL (4 tuners, 300hrs HD record) and 2 TiVo mini boxes, so my TiVo thats in the living room gets a cable card, and the other two mini boxes just stream everything from the living room box (even live TV)

Still beats the crazy amount i was paying Cox for the monthly service and now i'll have a DVR with netflix and amazon instant built in again (i did actually miss that)
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

Hoss

All that is evidently coming with the new six tuner Cisco box being tested now. I've heard a lot of good things, however not sure what the price point will be.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

So I guess thats the nail in the coffin for the Cox/Tivo partnership? Been waiting for that for over two years now.