join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 recommendations

reply to dib22

Re: Anyone used these for remote power?

I have been using this for many years. I was going through some papers at a yard sale many years ago and found Nikola Tesla's lab notes for his Long Island project selling for $1.00.

To make a long story short, every thing worked perfectly. I am even able to send power to my barn which is 3000 feet from the house. There is not a single wire in the walls in my house. Over the years I have improved the technology to the point where the receiving stations look just like duplex wall plates and the transmitter is indistinguishable from a Square D QO load center.

My next plan is to build an electric car that will be powered from the base station in my house. There will be directed energy beams tracking the car using some simple quantum mechanics theory taht excludes all places where the car can't be and then deduces where it must be. I ran into a little problem recently when I raised the output power and the antenna was not clear of the tree tops, but that is a minor setback. The fire department was very understanding.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3
said by pende_tim:

There will be directed energy beams tracking the car using some simple quantum mechanics theory taht ...

You're credibility is shot.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Dang! Looks like a side lobe from the directed beam scrambled the binary bits as they were being transmitted.

Note to self: look at adding a bit more space on the guard channel.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.