spc
uniqs
kristcnj
join:2011-09-08
Long Branch, NJ

kristcnj to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Does Monmouth Cty NJ have the new guide? Don't see it. Also should I keep SA 4250 or switch to new boxes?

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by kristcnj:

Does Monmouth Cty NJ have the new guide?

My aunt in Manalapan has it on her Samsung box, however, I did not look at her SA boxes the last time I was there.

civic110
@optonline.net

civic110

Anon

I'm in Monmouth County...I do not have the new guide on my new SA boxes.

anonn
@optonline.net

anonn

Anon

I'm in the Woodbury system and we don't have it on the SA boxes yet. I asked a rep about it on Tuesday and she said the date of the rollout for my area was "to be determined". I believe the Bronx was supposed to get it next but there was some sort of delay. I would guess they're still working on bug fixes but considering it's been six months since this rolled out initially I doubt it would be much improved.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Then you have no idea how much better it has gotten. It still needs work. I wonder if recording complaints will be improved or worse by bringing the DVR interface on the 8300s to Onyx code too, in case the problems reported with end times way late & missed recordings have to do with that.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to anonn

to anonn
We have it on all boxes and the DVR in Hudson County. Be careful what you wish for. I want the old guide back! No info on channel 1000 and no date.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

said by rick0204:

We have it on all boxes and the DVR in Hudson County. Be careful what you wish for. I want the old guide back! No info on channel 1000 and no date.

Sure they will fix that
Not a deal breaker

Just hit DVR button, highlight program your viewing than Info
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204

I don't like the new guide at all. I remember when adding the info on channel 1000 was a huge improvement and now it is gone. The date was very important and now it is gone. The guide is slow and cumbersome. The programs set to record are no longer highlighted in red. The new guide adds very little and eliminated a few features that I really liked.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

It takes getting use to, like a couple of times, to see what is set for record while surfing the guide. It has a red dot and the word REC in red by the description of program. Not sure what your issue is. Go to time slot of show you what to check and it is very clear if it is set for record or not.

As far as the date goes, well what can i say. If you don't know what day it is than you have bigger issues.