share rss forum feed

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5

[MLB] The Mets need to be sold!!!

Well for those of you who haven't read, Johan Santana is having season ending surgery on his shoulder, it may be career ending too.

So, the Mets have their Ace pitcher out for the season and their best pitcher from last year was traded away.....

The owners seem skittish about spending money to attract or keep key players. Money seems to be an issue still with them, and it seems to me to be affecting the team as a whole.

I am of the opinion that the team as a whole is cursed. To me it seems like if they have a good player or mange to field a decent team, the owners/management somehow screw it up...
Its been this way since they were formed back in the 60's..
They kill winning teams or trade away great players all the time.
Now it seems you have players dropping like flies, and when they come back, they seem to get injured again quite quickly...

Maybe the team needs an exorcist!
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!
What part of "Illegal" is so hard to understand...

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
I applaud what the mets are doing. For to many years they have been bringing in overpriced veterans. I loved R.A. Dickey but in all seriousness he isn't the future. We got an amazing young catcher in return for him. RA will never have the year he had last year again. Santana is in his last year of his contract. The best the Mets could of hoped for was for him to actually pitch decently and then trade him for something. Now that is not happening.

The Mets need to let their young players play, and once they see what they have they can place a veteran here and there, not try to build a team with veterans. The pitching staff that is about to come to the show should be epic. I love the Mets infield as is, the OF is another story.. Give them a few years and this team could be playing serious ball, just like the Nationals have accomplished.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
reply to JRW2

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
reply to MuDvAyNe
said by MuDvAyNe:

I loved R.A. Dickey but in all seriousness he isn't the future.

Future or not, the Mets have no pitching to speak of, and have decimated their pitching staff many times over in the last several years. RA was playing well and seemed to be improving every year, I would have held onto him unless I had something better now or in the wings to replace him with, since Santana was still a big question mark for this year.

The Mets need to let their young players play, and once they see what they have they can place a veteran here and there...

That is the problem, the history of the Mets organization and even the recent owners, has shown that they either undervalue the staff they have or are too quick to trade a good player.

Weren't Murphy and Ike Davis on the rumored trading block last year???

The Mets organization needs to decide if they want a winning team or not and stop all the BS of the past. Hold on to your good players, and look for players to fill in the open spots. One thing the Mets need is a GOOD veteran catcher to help their young pitching staff.
LoDuca was great with the young pitchers and his leaving had an immediate impact on those pitchers.

Being a long time Mets fan is nauseating, since the names of the payers seems to change dramatically from year to year, you can't tell who is on the field without a scorecard...
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!
What part of "Illegal" is so hard to understand...

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
said by JRW2:

said by MuDvAyNe:

I loved R.A. Dickey but in all seriousness he isn't the future.

Future or not, the Mets have no pitching to speak of, and have decimated their pitching staff many times over in the last several years. RA was playing well and seemed to be improving every year, I would have held onto him unless I had something better now or in the wings to replace him with, since Santana was still a big question mark for this year.

This might be the dumbest statement you've ever made. The Mets have a tremendous line of solid young pitching. You're going to have Wheeler at the top, Harvey at the two, Niese at the three, Gee in the four spot.... thats a hell of a young rotation, with only Niese making over a million bucks. We picked up two top prospects for a 38 year old pitcher who did squat for most of his career. Face it, you, like many a Mets fan, just enjoy your misery. Try being a fan of the Royals or Pirates, and then let me know how "cheap" the Wilpons are.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.