IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

DirecTV is better than Comast

I had DirecTV from 2006 to 2010. I made the mistake of switching the TV back to Comcast as they offered what seemed to be a better deal but I like the DirecTV better so I switched back with a VZ/DirecTV offer for phone and TV. I'm keeping Comcast for Internet.

One of the reasons I won't cut the cord is my desire for news programming like Fox News and The Weather Channel.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

said by IowaCowboy:

I had DirecTV from 2006 to 2010. I made the mistake of switching the TV back to Comcast as they offered what seemed to be a better deal but I like the DirecTV better so I switched back with a VZ/DirecTV offer for phone and TV. I'm keeping Comcast for Internet.

Agreed. My parents have DirecTV and have had Comcast, Dish, and U-Verse in the past. DirecTV beats all of them. Comcast was overpriced and went out frequently. U-Verse was constantly cutting in and out, and Dish was OK, but DirecTV has better PQ and customer service. They still use U-Verse for internet and home phone as Comcast is way overpriced and tends to go out more.

At my place I have Verizon FIOS and it beats all of them.
aerith
Premium Member
join:2008-12-31
Milpitas, CA

aerith to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Well, if you like news programming, Dish Network seems to be a better choice for now, because I don't know if The Blaze will be on Directv.

As well, Dish Network has Russia Today, but one talk show host who has appeared on Russia Today before, said he's not been invited back on, because of the network's tilt.

I do not like Directv, too expensive for the wallet.

There is a secret about Dish Network though, but I can't tell what it is, but I really can't give any hints this time.