Life on the Upbeat
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-10
join:2001-09-01
Birdland

1 recommendation

[DNS] Comcast DNSSEC vs Others

Click for full size
ols.org/
With all the recent news about Google Public DNS supporting the DNSSEC protocol this past week: »www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/20···idation/ I thought that it would be interesting to see how Comcast's implementation and a few other "public" DNS services compared in their implementation (see attachment). Here are the results on one test- Comcast = A. (Yes, I know that OpenDNS uses the DNSCurve protocol: »blog.opendns.com/2010/02/23/open···nscurve/ )

I only post this for a conversation starting point about DNS security and Comcast's attempt to keep its customer's safer, not to debate the value or privacy of public DNS services.
--
"Hoaxes use weaknesses in human behaviour to ensure they are replicated and distributed. In other words, hoaxes prey on the Human Operating System." --Stewart Kirkpatrick

jazzman916
Life on the Upbeat
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-10
join:2001-09-01
Birdland

So, I've done a little research on DNSCurve, used by OpenDNS. I am no expert on DNS protocols, but am intrigued by some of the reported advantages of DNSCurve over DNSSEC.

Any Comcast folks willing to jump in?
--
"Hoaxes use weaknesses in human behaviour to ensure they are replicated and distributed. In other words, hoaxes prey on the Human Operating System." --Stewart Kirkpatrick