spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JustDSL
@embarqhsd.net

JustDSL

Anon

Cell phone Radiation

Back in the late 70's I was one of a group of project manager working on an 800 MHz public safety radio system. The radios were belt mounted with the normal coiled cord to the microphone/speaker that was clipped to the officers epaulets as you normally see nowadays. The radio antenna was part of the microphone/receiver assembly.

The radios were something like 3 watt and it was found that there was excessive radiation to the users head. The radios were then limited to 1 watt and it was still found to have excessive radiation.

At that point the antenna were moved back to the radio unit itself and that satisfied everyone.

Now it's 30+ years latter and I'm still hearing about his issue but it's cell phone. Antenna propagation has not completely changed over the years so why is this an issue.

Thirty years ago we were worried that radiation from the antenna would fry somebodies brain like a hot dog and all we've done is take the frequency and push it more towards a microwave oven and stick it next to the brain and wonder/

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

And after reading your post I'm left to wonder... Whut you talkin about Willis?

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

2 edits

DataRiker to JustDSL

Premium Member

to JustDSL

said by JustDSL
The radios were something like 3 watt and it was found that there was excessive radiation to the users head. The radios were then limited to 1 watt and it was still found to have excessive radiation.

How?

Can you provide details of the study?

FYI I tend to agree given the radiation is non ionizing.

hey hey hey
@charter.com

hey hey hey to JustDSL

Anon

to JustDSL
How still put the phone to their head? Most people text now or do other things that don't require the phone being next to you head. Regardless this whole thing is BS. Your head get more radiation from the sun on a daily basis than you do a cell phone.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

Common sense goes out the window. Screw what science has to say about radiation or the doses we radiate ourselves. It's the same people who believe that tanning beds microwave you from the inside.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to hey hey hey

Premium Member

to hey hey hey
said by hey hey hey :

Your head get more radiation from the sun on a daily basis than you do a cell phone.

This is such a common (and inaccurate) response to the issue. Do you remember where you heard this? I would be interested in tracking down the source.