This is a sub-selection from SAR

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx

1 edit
reply to Juggernaut

Re: SAR

So you're simultaneously roasting your nuts (handset) and bluetoothing your brain?

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
said by jap:

So you're simultaneously roasting your nuts (handset) and bluetoothing your brain?

LOL, I was just about to post what you both said. Many people are like I don't put the phone to my head because of RF poisoning (if there is such a thing) and then they go on to say they use a wireless Bluetooth headset. I just shake my head and keep walking, lol. That's like saying I hate smokers and I don't smoke myself, but every person in my house does. It negates the original purpose schmucks! LOL!

5TH
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
Bluetooth is maximum 2.5mW output. Cellular output is far higher.

Your wifi router puts out way more power than a BT does. The same with a cordless phone.

Jeesus guys, do a little research first.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·ITalkBB
The planet itself emits lots of different kinds of waves and/or frequencies, humans would adapt regardless so meh.

Also, people would gain hearing loss first, if said issue is real, but a LOT of people would gain hearing loss from using headphones and playing loud music before something like a cell phone would ruin your hearing (since you make calls like what? A few times a day, while someone listening to music may listen with a headphone or loud speaker for hours?)...

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
Then there is this bovine scatology;

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqIZDIxJgXw

Prototype5

join:2003-09-24
reply to Juggernaut
You are right, BT is only intended to transmit with enough power to communicate a small amount of data over a few feet. There is much much less radiation from a BT headset than a cell phone.

BT headsets have SAR ratings of 0.001 and 0.003 W/kg vs phones that are from .2 up to 1.6 W/kg max. Depending on which cell phone you use a BT headset might have a SAR rating a thousand times lower.

BT is even ~10x lower than cordless phones which are 0.01 and 0.05 W/kg SAR

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to Transmaster
Awww come on... that is a pretty good fake! I love the pentagon shape for effect

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx
reply to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

Jeesus guys, do a little research first.

Thanks for replying to my tease. And to Prototype5 See Profile for supplying relative SAR values. That's a huge spread.

The wholesale dismissive postures from industry versus 'feelings' arguments from the anti crowd make me flippant, I suppose. Of course it's prudent to reduce exposure where one easily can. After reading a bit more on Bluetooth I'll likely adopt your practice.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
I try to use the 'Best Practices' principle in that I reduce unnecessary exposure to potentially harmful things. I mean hell, we have sunblock for the sun, right? People don't seem to be adverse to that.

Lot's of things we've been told are safe, later turn out to be the opposite. So, I just do what I can for myself using a bit of sense.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·ITalkBB
reply to Transmaster
Fake, I saw on the bottom right something white, like a shot of someone's pants kicking the table up.

Then then edited the video with two versions and blend them in. LOL!

Popcorns don't have the explosive power to propel a table up when it's ON TOP of the table, It'd go flying first, upwards towards any direction.