Search similar:

uniqs

Faster56
Premium Member
join:2013-03-09

Faster56

Premium Member

[Rant] YouTube goes psycho.

I’ve been watching YouTube all most daily for years. Very recently something strange has happened in how they have it set it up and it’s a real downgrade annoying change.

Before if you were watching a “topic” on just about anything or anybody and the videos were broken down in parts, say 4 separate linked segments to make up the complete video they were relatively closely indexed in the menu on the right side. So after watching part I you could easily and quickly find part II and pick on up and so on to the end.

Now very recently in many categories they have scrambled the videos so hey you may find part 1 and part 4 of a 6 part video but the other 4 are “hidden” somewhere. Now it’s often all most impossible, even at times impossible to find the rest of the parts. It’s not all categories or all instances but it is very common now and before it was very much the exception. Now you often just scroll and scroll in vain. It like they are hidden or have been "destroyed."

Again this has happened seemingly all most over night in the past week or two.

Secondarily, I'm subjectively finding many more TV or movie screen copies of the original video. Those all ways suck in quality. Before where you all most all ways could get an "original" video you now find some doofus recording off his TV with his point and record video camera. D'oh!

So what’s going on?

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden

Premium Member

The recommended not showing the next in sequence happens from time to time and has for years. Can be 70 videos into a set that goes 100+ and mysteriously video 71 won't be in the recommended videos, but then after that 72+ will.

The TV recording thing is just a way of bypassing the content match system as most actual footage just gets a DMCA takedown.

beldin
Script Monkey number 50
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Union, SC

beldin to Faster56

Premium Member

to Faster56
Why not, instead, click on the name of the the person/entity that posted the videos? You'll have no problem finding all the videos in a series unless, for some reason, the videos are posted by different people.

DigitalXeron
There is a lack of sanity
join:2003-12-17
Hamilton, ON

DigitalXeron

said by beldin:

Why not, instead, click on the name of the the person/entity that posted the videos? You'll have no problem finding all the videos in a series unless, for some reason, the videos are posted by different people.

This isn't always feasible considering some Youtube users have 100s of videos uploaded and sometimes don't upload parts in order. Also too, many users don't create playlists of their video series either, which clearly complicates matters.

I think the problem however is that Youtube has slanted all of its video listings barring playlists based on view counts or other metrics rather than in instances where it makes sense, alphabetical order. Consider the video listing:

- Video Title - Part 1/4 (4904 views)
- Video Title - Part 2/4 (5930 views)
- Video Title - Part 3/4 (2104 views)
- Video Title - Part 4/4 (3592 views)

This order makes more sense than:

- Video Title - Part 2/4 (5930 views)
- Video Title - Part 1/4 (4904 views)
- Video Title - Part 4/4 (3592 views)
- Video Title - Part 3/4 (2104 views)

However since Youtube has a social networking element to it and that element is significantly more emphasized than the media presentation element, the view count or positive feedback has won out as far as video order even when it makes no sense. This is a part of an ongoing unfortunate state of affairs with Youtube in how it's failing its mission to be a media presentation site for everybody (notice how it can be difficult to find niche content nowadays) and has become a presentation site for popularity.
40560346 (banned)
join:2013-04-03

40560346 (banned) to Faster56

to Faster56
i cannot answer you, but youtube service can answer , i think

Faster56
Premium Member
join:2013-03-09

Faster56 to Xioden

Premium Member

to Xioden
In the context of the OP you have hit the nail on the head.

As I said, I've used it continuously for years all most daily. I know how to use it. But...suddenly overnight it goes to pieces in how it lays out the videos sought based upon the input format--the same input format I've all ways used and put in exactly and from the results correctly for years.

Obviously 100 percent of the specific issue was them on the particular method I used. They changed something in their locate process per request mode.

I have solved the problem by entering search data in a different format.

There can be as you all know more than just one workable format.

Some other good ideas on search formats though!