Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
join:2000-02-24
La Place, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

UVerse Phone Number Port

Has anyone ported over their UVerse Phone to a mobile carrier?

First a little background:
Had my account suspended while we were rebuilding after Isaac. I have since re-activated my account and AT&T assures me the account is active.

I've tried 5 times (the first 2 were with the account being inactive...my fault) to port my UVerse number over to a T-Mobile phone and every time they said it's being cancelled due to "inactive account".

Just curious if anyone else has had issues porting over a UVerse # to another carrier.
--
I'm actually not funny, I'm just really mean and people think I'm joking.

smashcraft
Premium
join:2011-06-15
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Insight Communic..

I actually did have issues when porting from AT&T Uverse. They allowed the port to go through, but it took me filing a report with the FCC for them to cancel my account. They claimed to not have received a receipt of a successful port, so I had my telephone number ringing with two separate providers, AT&T and my cable company. After about two weeks, the account was finally cancelled.

Drex
Premium
La Place, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Drex

Finally got the full story on this...
T-Mobile says they are unable to port a UVerse phone number over. It first has to be converted to a regular landline. I guess I will just let the number go then. I no longer live at the residence where this number is active, so if I was to have them convert it, I'm assuming someone would show up at the residence. I guess I could explain my situation with AT&T and see what my options are.
Just seems like a big hassle to keep the number.
--

Drex
Premium
La Place, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

I'm thinking I can buy a AT&T Go Phone, port the number to that phone, then port it over to T-Mobile once that's done. yeah, it'll cost me a little money, but shouldn't be too bad.
I'm thinking AT&T Uverse --> AT&T Wireless port will work easier.
--

pc319
Premium
join:2002-04-24
North Royalton, OH

I ported to an AT&T gophone a couple of weeks ago. Had to call AT&T gophone customer service to complete the port from Uverse voice, but it went pretty smoothly. Uverse voice account was cancelled successfully.