how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ponter007

join:2013-03-12
Ottawa, ON

Home Phone long distance

I tried checking who is my long distance provider by calling 1-700-555-4141 and I got this message:
"Your long distance provider is using a network supplied by Bell"
Who, exactly, is this "long distance provider"? I assume it is Teksavvy but, since there are many long distance providers, maybe it isn't. This message could be a bit more specific.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Hello,

Assuming your LD provider is TekSavvy, than your bill should show it as is. If you ever receive an bill from another company than they'd most likely be your LD provider. If you would like for me to verify if you are indeed properly set with TekSavvy, please feel free to post your information in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

bbiab

join:2004-05-26

Can you get TSI long distance if Bell is your POTS provider, and then would it show up on the regular TSI internet bill? Are you saying the bill would confirm this even if there are no LD charges?

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

Yes it is possible to get TekSavvy as your LD Provider. Yes it would be showing on your bill, but there is a full month delay.

Regards,
Martin

Ponter007

join:2013-03-12
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Martin

I assume you mean "invoice" when you say "bill". On the monthly invoice pdf I get it has a "Long Distance" section with "Customer", "OID", "Service" and "Amount". Since I have never had a long distance charge the "Amount" has always been zero. If I did have a charge would the "Service" column show the actual Long Distance Provider? Right now it only show the date and "LongDistancePerMinute".

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

If it was our LD service, than your would see this on our Invoice not on the other phone provider invoice.

Who ever your LD provide is, they are responsible to send you an invoice. You wouldn't see the LD provider charges on a different phone provider.

I think this is what you are looking for.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to Ponter007

Says the same for me.I fave TSI pots but if I make a long distance call its whatever TSI charges as I dont have a LD Plan