uniqs
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor

Premium Member

AT&T U-verse Email Limits?

Was switched over to U-Verse a while back but still use the "@sbcglobal.net" email domain from the DSL days. Recently I've been sending emails (about 200 or so every few days) to my local state politicians (one email per politician). This morning it appears AT&T locked my email account after sending me a "WARNING NOTICE from the AT&T Internet Services Security Center" claiming my account may have been hacked.

I assume they think my account was hacked by a spammer. After changing the password I am able to send some emails again. To avoid this problem in the future, is there a limit to the amount of emails that can be send from an AT&T U-verse email address? If one sends a lot of emails per week how can they avoid having their account locked by AT&T?

old_tech
Premium Member
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

Probably because the IT group that handles the inbound emails, saw that you were sending so many from your email address, they reported you to Yahoo & ATT regarding.

There is no limit to the number of emails you send, but when it comes to sending emails to politicians, etc. in large volume, it will get you noticed by both sides (the company that handles the server you use, the party or IT group maintaining the server that receives the emails).

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to bennor

Premium Member

to bennor
As tech said, the system thought you had been hacked and somebody was sending out bulk spam email messages. If it's locked, you should be able to call them and clear up the problem.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to bennor

MVM

to bennor
said by bennor:

Recently I've been sending emails (about 200 or so every few days) to my local state politicians (one email per politician).

You got their attention!

(But they did not appreciate it.)
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor

Premium Member

Thanks for the replies. So far they haven't blocked my email password yet for sending another 200 individually addressed emails today.

May have to start breaking up my emails to politicians amongst several email address if ATT disables my password again.

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai to bennor

to bennor
Yahoo groups...
»help.yahoo.com/kb/index; ··· ns=false