join:2000-09-25
Winchester, VA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-PRO

donkeywaffle to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Re: Post info here about speed upgrades predicted/not here yet

Winchester, VA

No CC email notification yet, nor a speed increase... I was resetting the modem every two days in hope.

After reading of problems OP are having AFTER the 'upgrade', I think I'll just chill awhile and pray my modem doesn't reboot by accident.
MikePWV
join:2010-09-08
Martinsburg, WV

MikePWV

I've had 4 downs and 2 up channels for a couple weeks now. Just the other day I rebooted the modem and now I only have 1 up channel. My upstream speed has gone from 4-5 on avg to 10-11 so it looks like they are upgrading our area. Download speed still not 50 Mb/s

donkeywaffle
Serf
join:2000-09-25
Winchester, VA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-PRO

donkeywaffle

Well you're halfway there Mike! Now they need to work on the downstream.

I've have Blast here (Winchester, Va) and have had 36/5.5 for quite some time. No increases still.

I purchased a Zoom 5314J and get 8 channels on downstream, but only two on upstream, like you had. Even with your single upstream channel you have faster ups.

Did you apply an actual reset to the modem or just an off/on reboot? Some OPs are getting results after a reset as opposed to a off/on power cycle.

Good luck!
MikePWV
join:2010-09-08
Martinsburg, WV

1 edit

MikePWV

I have no idea what caused me to lose my 2 upstream channels. Normally i'll restart my modem from the configuration menu on the modem webpage. I have a Motorola SB6120 which i think only does 4 down. I tried asking tech support when the upgrade was coming and they are clueless.

[att=1]