how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gotak

join:2011-05-17
L6G 0C5

OMG the hold music

Where did you guys find it? From an 80's adult film?

Silence would be preferable.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
Here we go again.. It has to be royalty free to avoid issues with copyright.. YES SOCAN will demand to be paid if you don't pay for rights. The rights costs are too pricey to pay on your own. They are working on getting Sat Radio setup to work as the royalties are covered by their business service, but due to a current limitation with their phone system it won't work.

I can tell you if they put silence for the full hold time, most would hang up thinking the line was dropped. It's how it works. Making you wait for 5-10+ min hearing the double beep won't work either. Another issue they will run into once they get the sat radio music setup will be people complaining they don't like whatever song is playing. People need to realise this is only to ensure the callers know the line is on hold and not hung up. It's also just to pass the time while you wait. You can't make everyone happy, and won't no matter how hard you try.. Generic music is the best you can do.

I can tell you after being put on hold after getting someone and the sat radio feed being down the other day, I almost hung up thinking the line was dropped. That needing fixed.

Everyone needs to just treat it as filler, and not there as "REAL LISTENING MATERIAL" I would like to see them get the sat radio music going fully, but I don't call to listen to music... I call cause I need something. More people need to treat this as the same thing.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
reply to gotak
It's not that we don't want to add all of the channels for music on our phone system it's simply that we are stuck with a system limitation that our vendor is looking to fix. At the present time we are waiting for the update to be able to fully set it free
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

oxfordwhite

join:2008-01-28
Kitchener, ON
reply to gotak
make music out of the network traffic....

ie compose their own.

If they can produce the audio of a boson particle, i am sure teksavvy could find a simple cost-effective way to have the network traffic digitized into a melody and use that.

Researchers have come up with new software that translates network and server activity into music. The geeks at Canada’s Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning say this lets IT operators interpret the music to detect problems in the system. WebTech reports that starting last Friday:
IT department operators began listening to what sounds like classical music but is actually a precise audio model of system metrics. They are trained to recognize instruments, chords, tempo and other musical elements of music as a translation of e-mail activity from 15 servers over three subnets. Every aspect of the music correlates to information. Probes detect server activity and send about 20 summaries a second to the iSIC sound engine. The data is aggregated and transformed into an audio format. The information moves through a rack-mounted Yamaha synthesizer, which streams it out as music.
But why classical? Why not something easier like say speed metal for when you get SlashDotted, Barry Manilow for a DNS attack and Hank Williams for when it’s time to pull in the plug and pray.
»www.cio.com/article/17577/Resear···to_Music

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
That sounds like a pretty cool idea... But this is pretty funny... Barry Manilow for a DNS attack! Lol
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer