how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

Windows 7 screen issue

The wife just called me to her PC and the screen image has rotated 90 degrees!
I am doing a full pc scan to look for a virus. Meantime is there a quick fix anyone knows?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
Right click the desktop and choose screen resolution (or control panel display screen resolution)
change orientation to landscape.

If that doesn't do it check the 'display properties' for the graphics card. Amd and nvidia usually have an icon in the systray, or control panel... look at the orientation section. Disable hotkeys while you are in the display properties, most likely accidental hotkey was pressed for rotation

IanR

Fort Mill, SC
Thanks

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to IanR
The first thing you do is a virus scan.... wow... lets try some common sense.

The video settings. The screens can be rotated, and at work if people walked away from their terminals which allowed access to people's very private information like ssn some people would prank them by using a hotkey, or the controls to rotate the screen to teach them a lesson without getting them fired. If they had to ask for help they got in trouble. I fixed this problem far too often for other people, and moving the mouse when it's rotated 180 is a bit difficult to follow when you have to move the mouse, along with read the screen upside down.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

natedj
Elected
Premium
join:2001-06-06
Columbia, SC

1 edit
reply to IanR
Your wife probably inadvertently hit the CTRL-ALT-Arrow keys.

IanR

Fort Mill, SC
reply to BlitzenZeus
Yup you got it. I thought virus because of the difficulty in moving the mouse.

IanR

Fort Mill, SC
reply to natedj
Yup looks like it thanks for the help.