uniqs
share rss forum feed

whisper1

join:2007-11-28
Schomberg, ON

1 edit

USG20W reboot fails with a certain BWM configuration

Hi,

I've been having problems with this configuration since I set it up some years ago, even with the latest 3.00 (BDR.4) firmware. The USG20W reboot fails and the configuration reverts to lastgood.conf when the following BWM rules are in place and active and I was hoping that someone could test this on their USG20W and report the outcome.

These are the two rules, you can change the incoming interfaces and sources to suit your configuration.

Once they are set up and enabled reboot router to see if it correctly applies the current or the lastgood config.

Appreciate your assistance, Wayne.

bwm 1
description OTHER
incoming-interface interface br1
outgoing-interface tunnel SYSTEM_DEFAULT_WAN_TRUNK
source Bridge
inbound guarantee-bandwidth 1024 priority 1
!
bwm 2
description VOIPIN
incoming-interface tunnel SYSTEM_DEFAULT_WAN_TRUNK
outgoing-interface interface br1
source VOIP_DEVICE
inbound guarantee-bandwidth 950 priority 2

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:11

Re: USG20W reboot fails with a certain BWN configuration

Connect the console (serial) cable and reboot the router. The USG dumps all output during boot to console and hopefully it will dump something relevant to your error. At minimal you can grab it and send to ZyXel for analysis.

whisper1

Schomberg, ON
Click for full size
You can see the error in the screen shot of the telnet session which I took last year, the exact same problem still occurs every time I reboot the router. Ignore the content filter error, on the next line you can see the 'bwm modify 1 exit failed' error.
The only way to resolve it is to load a configuration that doesn't have those rules and add the rules back in manually. Over the course of 2 years I have mentioned this issue to Zyxel support and to date they have not been able to help me, so I'm looking to you guys for some help.

Wayne

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
Burlington, ON
When you're applying the rules through web interface do you get any errors to CLI? (before applying the rules open the CLI window in to right corner)

whisper1

Schomberg, ON
No errors using the web interface. One of the forum members has kindly provided an alternate method of implementing BWM that doesn't involve the use of the BWM tab, it uses routing. Because I have a different VoIP device to when I was initially implementing BWM it now seems to work using this method. I'm testing it anyway so this may be a solution to the problem.

Thanks once again for you help -Wayne.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe