spc
Search similar:

uniqs
computerdoc06
join:2012-08-06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

Re: Windstream DSL Investigation: South Carolina

Larissa and Patricia are still logging into the forum in some capacity but still continue to ignore my ticket and thread without a single response yet in Windstream Direct. How is this level of negligence allowed in any company much less one of such size as Windstream? Their last reply btw was in late February, LOL. Unbelievable....

Dear Larissa and Patricia, I have contacted several corporate employees of Windstream and discussed your total lack of professionalism in great detail. It might be wise to respond to my thread tomorrow and skip your daily routine/ritual of blatantly ignoring it.
computerdoc06

computerdoc06

Latest news on ticket...

The truth has finally came out. I got word that my specific DSLAM is not receiving upgrades but equipment around my area is. This means I may see some relief from others being moved off my DSLAM but nothing is in stone as usual. This is truly disappointing as I have obviously been lied to in regards to what was being upgraded and what had been approved for funding.

I don't blame Aaron as he was just relaying the information he received. My local office and their engineers however have no excuse other then total incompetence in letting such false information out. I have never been so mislead by a company in my life. Lies followed by more detailed lies... unbelievable.

I did make a new contact who is higher up in CS and will be updating me monthly on the status of my area and my situation. I will keep you guys updated and will continue to pursue a thorough investigation in SC regarding their DSL service or actually lack of.
DawsonvilleG
join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG to computerdoc06

to computerdoc06
Sounds to me like you are getting close to attracting the media to your story.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

We are making headway Mark! Appreciate your help and direction =) I have no plans on letting up till my services are upgraded as I was promised and others receive the same. Time for these guys to learn what proper project management entails and how to run a business.

Once you lie to a customer you lose their trust and more than likely their business. However, when you don't keep your word to the majority of your customer base you are asking for serious trouble and eventually company wide failure. Large companies fold all the time and it's almost always due to mismanagement and poor business decisions which Windstream has both nailed down. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.
computerdoc06

computerdoc06

Windstream is subject of state probe.

»www.gainesvilletimes.com ··· e/82872/
computerdoc06

computerdoc06

Unacceptable!!!
0.46 Mbps download speed today...
computerdoc06

computerdoc06

Scratch that, now I'm at 0.17 Mbps now. Can't do anything with this connection!
computerdoc06

1 recommendation

computerdoc06

Update:

Glad to have Aaron back in the forum first and foremost! Aaron and Mike are still working and pushing hard to get these upgrades completed in my town area but they are facing resistance as usual.

Has anyone else in SC received their upgrades recently?
Entre Nous
join:2013-05-14
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Doc, I see you are in Campobello. So am I.
Aaron just PMed me and is going to look into the issue.

Send me a PM if you want any details.

I am you're neighbor!
Entre Nous

Entre Nous to computerdoc06

to computerdoc06
doc. Aaron told me that windstream was right. No upgrades for my area and most likely none for you either?

Its a shame
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

I've been told many things so PM with the details. I was approved for upgrades months ago and then when my ETR came and passed confusion set in across the board. I was never told they cancelled my upgrades however.

Please post up your "experience" with Windstream in here and on the Facebook page. I'll PM you shortly! Nice to have a neighbor in the fight for actual service!
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Doc.
I was read to from a script when I called windstream about the issues.
Its an attempt to cover their ass while they still charge full price for the service.
They admit to having an overburdened system and say there are no plans to upgrade our area.

They also read to you that you may or may not be able to use the service during peak times.
No guarantee of any service at all.

Aaron from windstream checked and verified that these statements are correct.
We can do nothing.

It is sure a shame we have no other option here.
We have no cable and we do not have cell coverage to support internet use.
I have checked with Charter Cable and verizon on both and was told no.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

1 edit

computerdoc06

It's a mess John! A very shady company fueled by greed. To receive their stimulus money however they have to meet certain standards but I'm just not positive when that deadline is. It looks like Windstream will wait this out as long as possible. Their last concern is the customer.

I need this connection for work and it has caused me daily and weekly headaches since last July. What they are doing should be illegal but at least they are getting investigated and written up very poorly in most of all areas for their lack of Customer Service and for not even coming close the promised speeds that they promote.

Just stay on them and DON'T LET UP. Again the stimulus money given out is to service areas such us ours so they are just buying time till the upgrades will be mandatory. Let's make sure they don't get that long.
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

My neighbor received a flyer in the mail selling even more subscriptions to this product.

They are touting DSL over cable as far as speeds and pricing on this literature they are sending to our neighbors.

They are fully aware of the issues, yet they still are selling more subscriptions.
It should be against the law to continue to sell something you cannot provide.

My neighbor asked me about windstream as he got a flyer.
I showed him this forum and let him try it for himself on my computer.

He said he would not spend any money on this service.
I encouraged him to call windstream and ask them why he should get hooked up.
He got to see first hand how slow it is. It actually slowed so bad while he attempted to log onto one of his accounts, it timed out.

Then he pulled out his smart phone and was logged into the account in seconds.

What can we do? How I wish Charter was available.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

Oh Charter would be wonderful. Actually any ISP that would deliver the speeds they charging for would be wonderful, lol. I receive flyers all the time as well and it's just appalling that they continue to promote in this area when they can't sustain the business they already have in Campobello.

Charter is available just 5 minutes away but Windstream has a monopoly on this area preventing other ISP's from entering. Absolutely crooked and dirty business. The stimulus they receive is for upgrading "our areas" so they need to get busy and deliver. We are all sick of the run around and excuses. I'm happy you saved your neighbor the headache from signing up for Windstream.

If you haven't yet, file a complaint with the Attorney General and BBB. Hoping Mike and Aaron stay on our local team and higher management to finish our upgrades...will keep you updated John!
computerdoc06

computerdoc06

Bump for an update and some answers. Was really hoping for some positive news by now.

Have you heard anything new on your end John?
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Nothing new to discuss Doc.
I did have such bad issues last week they sent out a tech. I purposely made it much worse than it was to get a real person out here.
He ignored me when I brought up connection speed.
He would not discuss it.
I even pressured him and he remained mum.
He changed out my router with a wireless one and did not even ask if I already had a wireless router.
My existing router had no antenna, so he did not notice on my desk.
I had to buy a longer telephone cord so I could put the new windstream router up higher for better signal.

I had an wireless "N" network. Now I am not sure if I still do. Or if it really does matter.
My wife told me she see's no difference on her laptop.

I have been getting about 1.3 down and less than 1.0 up, fairly consistent.
But I am retired and spend most of my time on the internet during off peak time.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

Typical John, switch out the modem since its obviously not the problem. Simple tests can be ran even by phone support to see the signal strength your modem is receiving which obviously determines if the issues lies with the modem or not. The issue in our area is well known and documented by now, OVERSOLD DSLAM. NEED ETHERNET OR FIBER BASED CONNECTION!

You have to wonder if these guys are sworn to secrecy and will be let go if they dare tell customers in person that Windstream has oversold subscriptions on the equipment and therefore everyone will suffer till they upgrade the old technology behind it.

It really blows my mind. They have so much current business they can't accommodate it on the current hardware. Yet they won't upgrade it which would allow them to acquire even more business and stop all this negative press?

The decisions made by the high level management is mind boggling. Putting your customers last and your personal bank account first is not business 101 for sure. It will eventually catch up to them as it does anyone else.

I'm on at peak times quite a bit so doing my work from home (IT Support) struggles tremendously. Using remote access and performing web maintenance is close to impossible at times due to the present problems with the DSLAM.
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Yes. I don't think there was anything wrong with the modem.
I think they gave me the wireless modem as a consolation prize as i cannot win the big prize which is decent service.

I have notice better service since they swapped modems? Might just be in my head.
But I have not had to reset it since.

Still very slow though. How I wish we had cable out here!!!!!!!!!!!!
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

If only a new modem would alleviate our latency issues, but unfortunately the equipment that feeds our bandwidth is extremely old and completely over taxed with too many accounts. I would pay three times what I'm pay now just for cable or another ISP that can actually deliver the speeds they promote and we are paying for.

I finally heard from Michael. It's not good news but he states he's working hard to reach higher level management regarding our region. I hope he comes through....

"Sorry for the delay in responding. I have spent some time traveling for work lately. As Aaron stated I have been in communication with upper management about this area to see what changes can be made. We still do not have any work scheduled on your particular DSLAM but we are working on the other network elements that your DSLAM shares bandwidth with. We expect the work that we are doing on those elements are going to have a positive impact on your connection as you will be sharing less bandwidth with those elements. Unfortunately since the work is not being done directly on the Campobello DSLAM I can't predict the extent that you will feel relief. I did recently get some visibility in to the Campobello network so I can see what the utilization is out there as these projects are being completed. The last time I looked the utilization was still pretty high wich comfirms what you are experiencing on your end. As these projects get completed I will continue to check the utilization and let you know when we expect you to feel some relief on your end.
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Doc, I asked about the telephone poles and who owned them in another thread.

Does windstream own the poles around here?

I ask this question because we are using the term monopoly a lot.
Would Charter have to bury cable lines if they were to move into the area?
It would seem Charter would have some interest in this area for at minimum internet service for those who are fed up with windstream?

Is it because windstream owns the poles?

I was told in the very beginning the only reason we even had DSL out here was because the folks living at the Links of Tryon had a bigger voice then the rest of us regular folk.
They asked, they get.

So are these people enjoying this cluster fuck?
Why are they not complaining? or are they? Just like we are doing?

There is a reason Charter is not available here. I would like to know why its not available.

I will admit, Charter will never get my TV business as I am completely satisfied with DirectV.

But they could get my internet business today.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

All great questions John. I don't know all the details on the monopoly but just know it does exist for now. It's crazy because Windstream won't upgrade what they need to adequately supply enough bandwidth to the customer already in our area yet they continue to send flyers out to further burden the already bottle-necked pipeline. Then to top it off, they have a monopoly on the area so other ISP's can come in and actually give us reliable service. It really makes your head spin if you think about it too long.

If and when you get a chance, reach out to Charter and see if there is a contact we can touch base with to see what's plausible. Charter for a fact is available 5 minutes from here on Hwy 176 so they aren't far off. All this could be avoided if Windstream would just quit sitting on the stimulus money or spending it elsewhere and upgrade their outdated, oversold equipment. Then they get happy customers and more business...win, win. These people need to wake up.
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

There is also Charter available on 357 and Holly Springs road!

I watched them install it on the way to work 10 years ago.
I even stopped and asked them to be certain it was Charter. It was.

I have been to Charters web site with not much to show for it.
I will try and get us a contact.

Maybe windstream sees we are actively soliciting Charter, they might have a change of heart.

I am tempted to make a sign and go over the the "Links" and see what kind of conversation I can drum up.
I bet they would be the first to get Charter as New Cut Rd is a straight shot into the Links.

Okay, keep up the good fight and keep me posted. I will do the same thing for you!
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

Awesome John! That sounds like a plan. See who you can contact at Charter and see if the Links have access to Charter or plan to soon. We would be clear sailing with their broadband!

We'll make as much noise as possible and keep these threads going and enlist whoever we can to do the same in the area. We are way overdue on promised upgrades.
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Charter look like it might be worse that Windstream as far as CS.
I have tried to find a contact since we last talked.
If you have no account, you are "shit out of luck".

My sister in law used to be Charters eastern, human resource director.
I am going to ask her about someone we could talk too.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

I had Charter when I lived in Greenville and yes their CS is nothing to write home about but they offer 30-100MB Down with extremely low ping times and a steady connection. Minus a cable that is damaged by machine or nature, you are good to go.

I hope your sister has a contact or old acquaintance that might be able to look into our area. The irony in Windstream's problem is the worst part. Windstream has so much business in Campobello, SC (as in many other areas) that they cannot provide adequate bandwidth.

You think they would be more than happy to upgrade the equipment to meet the demand of their services. Yet they lie and dedicate a tremendous effort in giving their customers the run-around for as long as possible rather than investing in their own infrastructure to allow future growth. Windstream's project management is atrocious and fails to ever show any sign of possible logic in their decision making process.
Gathis
join:2012-07-25

Gathis

I think I'm going to see about a petition to the cable company in my area. I do not think WS will ever get my area fixed.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06

Couldn't hurt Gathis. Windstream is a pro at procrastination. It's unreal so many people want their business and are paying for it but they refuse to fix their equipment.

I'll never understand how they are legally getting away with this in so many areas. A business gets paid for providing a service. If that service fails due to their product's shortcomings or doesn't live up to what it's promoted to do, either the company revamps it to stay in business or the corporation folds. How Windstream continues to stay out of legal trouble is beyond me.

They simply promote a service they cannot deliver in areas like yours and mine due to over utilization (too much business!!) and somehow continue to charge us and are not held liable to fix the problems. Try that in any other profession and you'll be on the street.
Entre Nous
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Dan. I received a confirmation letter with a note that they are going to contact windstream and they have provided me a complaint analyst.

I am certain you have already been through the process. I am just starting.
But it did feel good to know I am a least one more voice that windstream is going to hear.
computerdoc06
Campobello, SC

3 edits

computerdoc06

Fantastic John! Every complaint is heard, especially if you are persistent and acquire the right contacts. I had a gentleman contact me from corporate due to these threads alone to apologize. Not that "I"m sorry" fixes our issues though.

The internet is absolutely the best source for generating both positive and negative press. Windstream certainly doesn't need or want any more bad press and every article and post portraying their failure to deliver promised speeds ends up on search engines and therefore is bad publicity for them worldwide. Windstream really needs to commit to their promise to upgrade the DSLAM in Campobello, SC and quit stalling.

Go into detail regarding these threads with the complaint analyst and how we were promised (they can look into my thread to confirm) upgrades to the DSLAM and AGG for Ethernet based connections by which would eliminate all our issues and allow for faster unburdened speeds. Quote from CS Tech - "I did get a hold of one of the Engineers this morning (not the one overseeing the work in your are) regarding the work in your area. After speaking to him I am very confident that the End of March ETR is overly optimistic. I am thinking we should probably add a few weeks onto that ETR. On a bright note I have gotten the funding issues corrected, there will be no more confusion as to whether or not funding was approved." And another Correction, Just got the second issue approved for funding! Site made the 2013 list. The ETR is 3/29/13." And another "At this time, we are looking at 2013 for the fiber."