yolarry

join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

[DSL] New here

Hello forum.

I'm a new here and recently frontier tech told me he be posting a sign next month on the box just outside my drive way that DSL will be here after they done rolling out fiber optic. really fiber optic? I was kind of shock.. Anyways I can finally get rid of nightmare hughesnet!

So I was wondering does frontier still carry standalone modems? I would hate for them to replace my Linksys N3000 since it already have gigabyte ports and wireless N.
--
HN7000S 5.8.0.82 - 99 West 1370 MHz - .74m Dish - 1.5mbps down 196kbps up with 375MB CAP - installed October 2007 - Repair September 20011 - Linksys N3000 DD-WRT & WRT54G DD-WRT at neighbors house

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
They provide a combo modem/router that you can place in bridge mode for DSL to use with your current router. I have no idea what they provide for use with fiber. Did he say they were installing fiber to the house or are they installing fiber to a new remote for DSL?

yolarry

Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

3 edits
said by Hank:

They provide a combo modem/router that you can place in bridge mode for DSL to use with your current router. I have no idea what they provide for use with fiber. Did he say they were installing fiber to the house or are they installing fiber to a new remote for DSL?

Probably just remote area. also my line from the house been replace like 5/6 years ago.

I guess bridge mode it is. hopefully their modem/router supports that.

Edit: Also tech told me last summer they working on it and I would get 6 mbps down but I hear frontier not too long ago that they upgrade the packages?

--
HN7000S 5.8.0.82 - 99 West 1370 MHz - .74m Dish - 1.5mbps down 196kbps up with 375MB CAP - installed October 2007 - Repair September 20011 - Linksys N3000 DD-WRT & WRT54G DD-WRT at neighbors house

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
they were talking about running fiber to the remote,oh i feel bad for you with that hugesnet crap.

Doug Huffman

join:2007-07-27
Washington Island, WI
reply to yolarry
I am pleased with Frontier 1.5 Mbps DSL a year after escaping from Wildblue. I remain hopeful of Frontier's continued investment in our Island infrastructure - oh for fiber.
--
Washington Island, Wisconsin across Death's Door Passage

yolarry

Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

1 edit
reply to isp10002
said by isp10002:

they were talking about running fiber to the remote,oh i feel bad for you with that hugesnet crap.

Thanks. Hopefully be over and gone. Might turn that dish into a bird bath.

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to yolarry
I share the same story as Doug Huffman - Wildblue escapee, was on Alltel/Verizon unlimited cell for two years, and now have Frontier DSL.

As to FIOS, are they referring to fiber to the home or to the box? We have it to our MUX on the street, but techs let me know I'll never see bonded because we're a remote location. Boooo.

I did, however, get a white Frontier postcard in the mail today. Maybe they're sick of me nagging to up my speeds and are going to do it just to shut me up?