uniqs
share rss forum feed

jtmccoy

join:2004-03-25
Austin, TX
reply to iansltx

Re: FTTH now on 24/3?

said by iansltx:

Anyone mind posting a traceroute from AT&T FTTP in central TX? You're right; speeds should be higher and latency lower on AT&T FTTP than TWC or anything other than competing fiber.

Sure, to where?

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
4.2.2.4 and dev.cloudyhills.com

THanks!

i2Fuzzy

join:2009-02-25
Fort Worth, TX
reply to Bravedog
Did you have to pay for the upgrade? I'm assuming yes.
--
Ali
Check Point Certified Security Expert

Enlightener

join:2006-01-28
Cedar Park, TX
reply to Bravedog
I dumped my ATT FTTP in Cedar Park (Austin) 18 months ago for TWC's 30/5 package. Let me know when they can do gigabit. Until then, I'm done with this backwards company.

jtmccoy

join:2004-03-25
Austin, TX
reply to iansltx
said by iansltx:

4.2.2.4 and dev.cloudyhills.com

THanks!

No problem, here you go:

UverseTech2

join:2012-08-04
reply to Enlightener
Their FTTP speeds are an embarrassment, I would not even claim it to be fiber, my VZ Jetpack can get 20/20 in a good market, ATT you should be ashamed of the cheap infrastructure behind the FTTP product.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
reply to jtmccoy
Nice. THe Level3 hairpinning is odd, but this goes to show that, if AT&T actually wanted to do widespread FTTH, they'd go from the bottom of the pack on latency to at...or at least near...the top.

DPain
Premium
join:2004-02-19
Hmm I've had no problems with FTTP, wether it's streaming/gaming no issues here. Should look into 24/3

brookeKrige

join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA
kudos:3
Do new FTTP customers, and those negotiating for upgrade/retention, yet receive an RG with Gigabit WAN port (ala moto NVG589), i.e. so you won't need to replace your RG within "months" for the real-soon-now 75-100Mbps speed upgrades?