spc
uniqs
royarmstrong
join:2013-04-02
Adrian, MI

royarmstrong to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Re: Post info here about speed upgrades predicted/not here yet

In the lower part of Michigan here, Lenawee County, and still no upgrade. Just rebooted the modem as well.
rmdir
join:2003-03-13
Chicago, IL

rmdir

FWIW, and it may not be worth a damned thing....I'm switching from business class to residential at my house. Got signed up through a referral from my business rep at Extreme 105 for $89 per month, and sales has told me twice now the new speeds will roll out on April 17th and I'll be upgraded to 205/xx when that happens. I'll believe it when I see it, but 205 down for $90 per month would be sweet. Getting installed Friday morning, so I'll have the 30 day window to drop it if it doesn't come through.
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND
Asus RT-AC68
Ubiquiti NSM5

travelguy

Just out of curiosity, aside from the justifiable bragging rights, what does 205 down get you? None of the more mainstream commercial servers will send more than about 5% of that at best. I suppose if you had 9 roommates, you could all watch different HD streams at the same time. Other than that?

You'd have to take a good look at your router. Aside from the obvious wireless throughput limitations, the LAN-WAN interface can be a bottleneck on the cheaper can be an issue.
rmdir
join:2003-03-13
Chicago, IL

rmdir

Will have to wait and see. Since it's less costly than my 27/7 business plan, if it at least hits those speeds I'm still ahead.