uniqs
share rss forum feed

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to margioa

Re: Mail Server

You did not mention any requirements to your prospective mail server. How many users, how many domains, what protocols it should support, spam protecting options, etc.

From my experience I may recommend to look at hMailServer. It's free email server for Microsoft Windows. It's very stable and you can make it secure. My clients always connect to this server using SSL. It 's very flexible and you may set configuration for supporting multiple domains, accounts, aliases, etc. as well as use a lot of different tools to protect users form potential incoming spam.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

margioa
Premium
join:2007-04-06
Nicaragua
Reviews:
·deltathree
said by OZO:

You did not mention any requirements to your prospective mail server. How many users, how many domains, what protocols it should support, spam protecting options, etc.

# of users: ~ 60
# of domains: 3
protocols: POP, SMTP
spam protection: need recommendation plz.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
I've used hMailServer and you can use built-in anti-spam methods or use built-in links to clamav or spam assassin (install these separately and hMailServer will set up links).

I've gotten good results with the built-ins and can post screens of values I used to "rate" spam to get you started.
--
Why are they called "progressives" when their policies are from 1917?

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to margioa
said by margioa:

said by OZO:

# of users: ~ 60
# of domains: 3
protocols: POP, SMTP
spam protection: need recommendation plz.

You can get it all with hMailServer.

I don't use any additional anti-spam tools, except what is offered by hMailServer itself. In Settings | Anti-spam | DNS blacklists I've added two entries: zen.spamhaus.org and bl.spamcop.net. And in Settings | Anti-spam | SURBL servers I've added multi.surbl.org. That effectively allows me to block 99.9% spam. You may search hMailServer forum. They have a lot of good advises there.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...