Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

TW HVNY Outage last night - today 4 upstream channels

Click for full size
I smell speed increases in the air

Hudson Valley NY region - yesterday we had 4 down and 2 up channels. After an outage last night we now have 4 up and 4 down.

I am currently on 30/5 extreme but am looking forward to hopefully more UL
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

You can keep dreaming. the 4 upstream channels is just a norm to allow better reliability for their system, you wont see higher upload anytime soon if you ask me.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to dellsweig

said by dellsweig:

Hudson Valley NY region - yesterday we had 4 down and 2 up channels. After an outage last night we now have 4 up and 4 down.

your system may have 8 downstream channels for internet but that you might not be seeing all 8 them if you have a SB6120 or SB6121.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

said by motorola870:

said by dellsweig:

your system may have 8 downstream channels for internet but that you might not be seeing all 8 them if you have a SB6120 or SB6121.

I have an SB6141 (my own device)
--

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by dellsweig:

said by motorola870:

said by dellsweig:

I have an SB6141 (my own device)

okay seems odd that Hudson Valley is still running 4 downstreams instead of 8.

I wonder if today's legal notice for Hudson Valley will have something interesting about making room for 4 more DOCSIS downstreams?

I noticed that TWC has several areas planning on moving clear QAM channels to make room for 4 additional DOCSIS downstream channels.

I wonder if my area will try to up the upload speeds? TWC did a rebuild of the system from 2006 to 2008 and I am betting the replaced a lot of aging copper that would have kept them from doing upstream bonding. Right now we have 4 upstream bonding channels and have since late last year.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

said by motorola870:

I wonder if today's legal notice for Hudson Valley will have something interesting about making room for 4 more DOCSIS downstreams?

I noticed that TWC has several areas planning on moving clear QAM channels to make room for 4 additional DOCSIS downstream channels.

I wonder if my area will try to up the upload speeds? TWC did a rebuild of the system from 2006 to 2008 and I am betting the replaced a lot of aging copper that would have kept them from doing upstream bonding. Right now we have 4 upstream bonding channels and have since late last year.

What legal notice??
--

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by dellsweig:

said by motorola870:

What legal notice??

newspaper notices about channels changes that come out twice a month on the first and third Wednesday for TWC in the NY area.

leadfoot93

@twtelecom.net

Hey Dellsweig,
which modem do you have? I have the 30/5 plan and have the sb6580. I would love to be able to see my levels, but cant get logged into the modem.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

said by leadfoot93 :

Hey Dellsweig,
which modem do you have? I have the 30/5 plan and have the sb6580. I would love to be able to see my levels, but cant get logged into the modem.

Motorola SB6141 - black package (from Amazon) also on the 30/5 plan

To access the web GUI

»192.168.100.1/cmSignal.htm
--

GoshenNY

@rr.com
reply to dellsweig

My modem went out cold around 12:30 in the morning. Not sure when it came back, but I did notice a change this morning. My upstream channel type is now DOCSIS 2.0 (ATDMA) vs DOCSIS 1.1 (TDMA) prior. No change in my speed test results, but I did get moved from a 255.255.248.0 mask network to a 255.255.255.0 one. In addition to that I got a new IP address as well.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

said by GoshenNY :

My modem went out cold around 12:30 in the morning. Not sure when it came back, but I did notice a change this morning. My upstream channel type is now DOCSIS 2.0 (ATDMA) vs DOCSIS 1.1 (TDMA) prior. No change in my speed test results, but I did get moved from a 255.255.248.0 mask network to a 255.255.255.0 one. In addition to that I got a new IP address as well.

looking in the modem log - mine went out about the same time and came back up around 7AM

I hope we will be seeing some of the new tiers soon - I epsecially want to get a boost on my uplink. I had been thinking about increasing from 30/5 to 50/5 but could not justify the price difference just for DL speed
--