Search similar:

uniqs
mitpatterson
Premium Member
join:2012-09-17
Toledo, OH

mitpatterson

Premium Member

Does Century Link Resell other Providers??

I was just checking for fun and Century link claims they will service me up to 10Mbps, they did say they couldn't find my address at first, I told it to continue anyways, showed me what was available, and it would let me get to the point of putting in my name, DOB and SS# to actually order(I didn't think it would let me get that far). Now I'm not sure where the closest Centurylink CO is but I know the one I'm serviced by(about 2000 feet of wire) is a Frontier(Formerly Verizion and before that GTE).

So my question is there tool so sucky it doesn't know i'm not in their service area and if i placed the order they would just cancel it? or are they doing something funky with Frontier? I'm almost tempted to place the order just to see what happens.
BigVe
join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

BigVe

If you are not on a Centurylink served area (phone etc) don't even try to sign up

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to mitpatterson

MVM

to mitpatterson
AFAIK, no ILEC for one given area acts as a CLEC in another. If you are in a Frontier region, who knows what billing mischief you may create if you attempt to order CentutyLink.

You could look for a CLEC which provides service akin to Sonic.net "Fusion" service (California only), or G4 Communications (New Hampshire).

If you have DSL Extreme as a CLEC option, they likely just resell Frontier service.