·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to obeythelaw

Premium Member

to obeythelaw

Re: safari won't let me email a webpage

That is odd. I just added the email quick link and it works well here. It brings up an email the same way the share icon does. I don't see any preferences specific to that either.

Do you have another mail program installed by any chance? Like thunderbird? Perhaps you have another browser set to email via another app, and that's interfering with the specific email icon in Safari?

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

said by TamaraB:

That is odd. I just added the email quick link and it works well here. It brings up an email the same way the share icon does. I don't see any preferences specific to that either.

Do you have another mail program installed by any chance? Like thunderbird? Perhaps you have another browser set to email via another app, and that's interfering with the specific email icon in Safari?

I think that was it. I have used Postbox in the past and still have it on my system. What I did was go into Mail preferences and then switch the default to Postbox. I tried sending the link and Postbox opened up. I then went back into Mail and switched back to Mail as the default composer and then went to Safari and now when I click the link Mail opens!

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by obeythelaw:

I think that was it. I have used Postbox ......

Yup! While it's not always convenient, or even possible at times, I try to use native applications as much as possible on whatever OS I am running. This sort of thing is not uncommon. Glad it worked out for you.