Search similar:

uniqs
mummer43
join:2009-02-18
Alburtis, PA

1 edit

mummer43

[TiVo] whole home bundle question - Pottsville, PA

I'm about to order the whole home bundle and I was wondering if it has the capability to pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV.
Dawk2013
join:2013-02-07
Easton, PA

Dawk2013

said by mummer43:

I'm about to order the whole home bundle and I was wondering if it has the capability to pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV.

On the Q yes.
On the previews, not exactly. If you are watching a program, you can initiate a recording from the preview and then go into my shows and start watching the recording program and pause, rewind and FF.
If you do not initiate a recording you cannot pause , RW or FF.

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin

said by Dawk2013:

On the Q yes.
On the previews, not exactly. If you are watching a program, you can initiate a recording from the preview and then go into my shows and start watching the recording program and pause, rewind and FF.

You must also be using the high -definition menus. Pause, FF, and RW on the "preview boxes" doesn't work with the standard definition menus.

It doesn't make sense logically, but they updated the software that had the high def menus, and didn't retrofit it for the standard def menus. As the secondary televisions are more likely to be standard definition you may have to upgrade.
Dawk2013
join:2013-02-07
Easton, PA

Dawk2013

said by Pacomartin:

said by Dawk2013:

On the Q yes.

You must also be using the high -definition menus. Pause, FF, and RW on the "preview boxes" doesn't work with the standard definition menus.

It doesn't make sense logically, but they updated the software that had the high def menus, and didn't retrofit it for the standard def menus. As the secondary televisions are more likely to be standard definition you may have to upgrade.

Not sure what your talking about. Pause/FF/RW works on all previews as I mentioned above. So in short it works on live tv, IF you are recording said live TV and only IF you access that recording from the "my shows" menus.

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin

said by Dawk2013:

Not sure what your talking about. Pause/FF/RW works on all previews as I mentioned above. So in short it works on live tv, IF you are recording said live TV and only IF you access that recording from the "my shows" menus.

I checked it again, and I went through it with RCN technical support. It does work on all Previews, but you must choose the HD menu option. If you are watching with the SD menus, it doesn't work. The HD menus are difficult to read with a SD television.