spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

[Internet] Any one else having internet problems in Kingston?

Hello,

I am using dial-up and it is slow. So, I am having problems with my modem and went through all the trouble shooting with a level 1 tech. After some time with no positive results the tech goes and checks something, then tells me there is an outage in Kingston.

I want to know If anyone else is having problems with internet in Kingston ? I'm in the midtown area (Willamsville just south of Princess St.).

I find it strange when using the modem I can ping google, obtain an ip address, send/receive email through outlook client, and get to my email on the Bell Outlook webmail site using my browser (IE8 and FireFox). But, every other site I get a webpage can't display error.

Network Diagnostics for Windows XP:

Check settings for HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21).

Not sure how to check these ports.

Any information will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Jackorama
--
"Whenever they invent something that's moron proof, someone comes by and invents a better moron."

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Re: [Internet] Any one else having internet problems in Kingston

My problems started yesterday morning and I guess they were having some internet tech problems at the same time, coincidence .

Had to change the power supply, it was bad. The modem was working with the good power supply, but couldn't connect to the internet and doing weird things.

Out of frustration, just now, I plugged the ethernet cable into a different port on the modem and rebooted by unplugging the power supply.

Happy to say I have high speed again. I hope there is no more problems with the modem.

Thanks.

Jackorama
--
"Whenever they invent something that's moron proof, someone comes by and invents a better moron."

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."