Search similar:

uniqs

bravbro
@distributel.net

bravbro

Anon

Options in rural Ontario? North Pickering/Ajax

Hi everyone,

I am DESPERATE for help. My family is in a newer development (been there 5 years but the community is not complete yet) and we do not have DSL or cable options for internet. We are currently using a Bell LTE NETGEAR modem which is just destroying us for overage fees. With 6 people in the house, and 4 of us in our 20s this summer (all transitioning to Master's, PhD, med school etc.) we won't survive the summer together!

How can I find alternative options to this form of internet? Is there a way to get someone to pull cable into the area or upgrade our phone line? Wireless options? We tried satellite but it was a crap service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are at Highway 7 and Balsam Road, about midway between Highway 7 and Concession 5 in Pickering/Ajax Ontario

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones

You can camp outside my house and leach off me if you like. I don't live very far
olesz
join:2007-02-19
Toronto, ON

olesz to bravbro

to bravbro
There seem to be some Wireless ISP's in the area, call around and see if they can service you

»www.wcshighspeed.com/

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to bravbro

Premium Member

to bravbro
I'm really surprised that Rogers wouldn't run cable to a new development, even in an otherwise "rural" area.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to bravbro

to bravbro
said by bravbro :

How can I find alternative options to this form of internet? Is there a way to get someone to pull cable into the area or upgrade our phone line?

Rogers will pull cable to your house if the price is right. Prepare to fork over a huge sum of money.
OHSrob
join:2011-06-08

OHSrob to bravbro

to bravbro
We have plans to have that area covered this summer, but presently that subdivision is out of luck due to the terrain around it.

From that subdivision there are geographical obstruction's towards all of my present transmission sites towards the east and the equipment I use requires line of sight.

Your probably stuck with LTE for now, At least its not satellite.

Spare
join:2004-04-14
min2p6

Spare to bravbro

to bravbro
This guys might be close enough

»www.ruralwave.ca

bravbro
@distributel.net

bravbro to OHSrob

Anon

to OHSrob
Thanks Rob, I emailed you again today, so hopefully we will eventually get coverage and have way better access than the LTE crap we deal with now!