uniqs
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to jmcneill

to jmcneill

Re: [DSL] Minimum upstream rate for Bell 50/10

said by jmcneill:

Is this a change that Teksavvy will normally try to push through, or is it going to take some convincing/harassing?

I wouldn't know. I'm not a TS employee
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Well myself i think your upload might even be a little high for your connection if your experiencing dropouts to 1meg occasionally, oslams only use vdsl2 12a which pushes alot more signal in alot less Space. than a 17A profile and On top of this Stingers are very Bad at Pushing signal either way.. good luck
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf to jmcneill

to jmcneill
Check to see what you get at the demarc plugged directly into the modem.

When my 25/10 was first installed, I was getting 25/7 in the house, 25/9.5 at the demarc.

I called my ISP, the next tech that came fixed up some of the wiring and now I get 25/9 in the house, so I'm ok with that. I may venture out in the nicer weather and try a new cable from the demarc to the modem, however I'm not sure if I'll actually be that motivated for .5 Mbps.

If it's 7 Mbps at the demarc, there may be little anyone wants to do about that. I know Electronic Box has a 30 day installation warranty, so you may want to check if Tek has that too and get it taken care of within that window.

BTC Kevin
join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON

BTC Kevin

For best luck getting a Bell service ticket approved via TSI, call when your line is syncing down at the 1-3mbps.

When it's up at 8.1 Bell will probably deny a request to TSI, and simply say "oh well, thats what he gets." If you can demonstrate only 1mbps TSI has more leverage to have the line looked at.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to urbang33k

MVM

to urbang33k
said by urbang33k:

This is what I'm getting at though. A stinger OSLAM 'lies' to you when its reporting attainables.

I can have a customer profiled for 8 meg upload. his attainable may be reported as 10 meg.

If i take same customer and reprofile him for 11 meg, his attainable will jump to 13 or more.

Something about increasing the profile on a stinger increases his attainables and I'm assuming it's unlocking higher annex's.

It's like going from 7 meg adsl profile on a stinger with it reporting 10 meg max attainable. then setting it to 14 meg adsl2+ and the same port will report a 21 meg attainable.

Attainable speeds are based on the current technology being used. ADSL2+ doesn't use the same amount of spectrum of ADSL, so of course the attainable on ADSL2+ will be different...
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

2 edits

urbang33k

said by Guspaz:

Attainable speeds are based on the current technology being used. ADSL2+ doesn't use the same amount of spectrum of ADSL, so of course the attainable on ADSL2+ will be different...

Ya that's kind of the point I was making.

People are assuming with stinger OSLAMs that just because your in VDSL2, the attainables you see are what your going to get.

And I saying that not necessarily the case.

Unlike the 7330 where it shows you attainables based on it's fullest 17mhz spectrum potential (edit: assuming your on a 17a profile), the Oslam doesn't show you VDSL2 attainables based on 12mhz spectrum unless the port is set to a profile that would require those higher frequencies to be used.