how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to telcodad

Re: the weather channel local on the 8s hd, when?

customization of coverage so that while viewers in markets affected by severe local weather are watching coverage of that news.

Will that be SD only??

Will dish and directv have alt feed for that?

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

I say make it the weather documentary channel and split off a REAL WEATHER channel. I like the documentaries and all but I don't tune into the weather channel to watch documentaries. I tune into the weather channel to watch weather.
Maybe it's time for fox or someone to come up with a real weather channel to take on the weather "documentary" channel?

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1

The Weather Channel is more of a low-budget reality channel than a documentary channel.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

There was a website called Jump The Shark a few years ago about TV shows gone from good to bad like MTV going from music videos to Beavis & Butthead or Home Improvement when the boys got older.

The Weather Channels has definitely jumped the shark.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

How much do they actually do live weather? Every time I turn it on I see reality shows.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

The weather channel has gotten so bad that I barely watch it. They play the same rerun of Lifeguard for the 500th time this month.

I watch Fox News and that is better than the weather channel. They could have 24 hour live programming by hiring non-meteorologists to read the weather off a TelePrompTer or a script and use the forecasts prepared by the NWS.