how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DJboutit

join:2009-12-10
Houston, TX

Internet Slow After Thunder Storm

3 days ago a thunder storm cut the cable and internet out it took 6hrs to get everything back up. Today I just ran a speed test and I noticed my speed is slow I have blast internet here is my speed today

I should be getting 55mb down 11.5mb up. I just had a tech out like 10 days ago to check why my internet was slow everything was fine the problem was the old wireless router I have since upgraded to a much newer wireless router. So why am I now getting slow speeds??

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

How can we help? You need to call Comcast.

DJboutit

Houston, TX

I want to know you if think the problem is at my place or it something wrong on Comcast end??

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

Fair enough.

Post your signal levels & log entries please.

DJboutit

Houston, TX

How do I do that??

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

What is your modem's make & model?

DJboutit

Houston, TX

Arris TM722

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

Access: »192.168.100.1/

DJboutit

Houston, TX

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

Not knowing what your levels were before the storm, I will say that your Downstream, SNR & Upstream are not in recommended ranges. To be exact, your Upstream as at the extreme.

Please review this FAQ: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »What should my Signal Levels be?

DJboutit

Houston, TX

Speed is now slow after sunday thunder storm before sunday the internet speed was fine

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

I would recommend calling Comcast. If you get no resolution, post in the Direct Forum: »Comcast Direct

DJboutit

Houston, TX

I just did online chat like 1hr ago person said download signal level is exceptable and upload is to low. This person suggested calling for a tech to come out again I already had someone out like 10 days ago for the same thing

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

Post in the direct forum & point them to your topic here.

mb

join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to DJboutit

I've had thunderstorms create issues for me twice in the past couple of years. Both times I found that the attenuator (pad) at the modem's connection to the coaxial cable had failed. If you have one, you might want to temporarily remove it and see if your speeds return.