Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

orion940 to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness

Re: Want something cheaper

I'm in the midst of dumping Verizon for an MVNO. I'm using a Verizon MVNO because Verizon has the best signal in my area.

I'd look first look for which big provider gave me good signal strength, then look for a good MVNO who resells that provider. If you want to save money, this is the way to go. However, AT&T and Verizon do not have monthly prepaid MVNO networks with 4G that I could find. T-Mobil and Sprint suck here, so I kinda stopped at that point.

Hope this helps a little.

O.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

Best advice I can give you, stay the fuck away from Sprint. I know I keep saying I'm waiting for their network vision plans to come to fruition but as long as the company is managed by Americans, it will never happen. Softbank and the Japanese are the only thing that will get everything back on schedule.

Data here has become unusable. You might have one tower that works, and you might have three towers where the data is so slow that you can't even send an instant message.

I'm going to order another smartphone, either through Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobiles EDGE (yes they advertise 3G and 4G here on their coverage maps but no matter where you travel to in the city, there is only EDGE) is probably faster then Sprints 3G.

There are some things I do need data for. I don't need to be able to watch a Netflix movie, but I need to be able to see my e-mails and send and respond to instant messages.

Sprints network already wasn't the best but it got much worse when the influx of iPhone users started. I had AT&T (which doesn't have 4G here) but there coverage would force my Blackberry to bounce between EDGE and 3G all the time, killing the battery, T-Mobile like I said, had just EDGE, and Verizon, between them not wanting to replace handsets that were under warranty, forcing me to drive an hour to another store to get them replaced, and coverage issues that kept me on 1X and not on 3G, I ended up on Sprint.

I might wait till the Note 3 is available though before I order with another carrier.

Either way, I don't care about much money you think you are saving, stfa from Sprint. I think even if they stopped unlimited data and went to the way of the other carriers, it would not help their network issues.

Good luck.

Irun Man
Premium Member
join:2002-10-18
Millsboro, DE

Irun Man to orion940

Premium Member

to orion940
said by orion940:

I'm in the midst of dumping Verizon for an MVNO. I'm using a Verizon MVNO because Verizon has the best signal in my area...

Page Plus used to be the only game in town for VZW network BYOD, been with them for years. I'm about to port over to »www.talkforgood.com/, much better rates.

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

orion940

Premium Member

said by Irun Man:

Page Plus used to be the only game in town for VZW network BYOD, been with them for years. I'm about to port over to »www.talkforgood.com/, much better rates.

PagePlus just announced the 29.95 and 39.99 plans have 500Mb of data. That is 400Mb more than you get for $40 from talk for good. And like you said PagePlus has been around for years.

O.

Irun Man
Premium Member
join:2002-10-18
Millsboro, DE

Irun Man

Premium Member

said by orion940:

said by Irun Man:

PagePlus just announced the 29.95 and 39.99 plans have 500Mb of data. That is 400Mb more than you get for $40 from talk for good. And like you said PagePlus has been around for years.

UPDATE: Just ported one line from PagePlus to TFG, took two hours Wednesday evening and went FLAWLESSLY. Coverage is VZW postpaid so no roaming... so far so good!