spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

troubled

@centurytel.net

[CenturyTel] Frequent Crashes

Hello, I am getting frequent crashes with my dsl service through centurylink. I have a westell 6100 paired with a dlink di-524. same problems with my dlink and netgear dsl modem router combos. i am in a pppoe service area. i get speeds up to 12Mb but outages sporadically, like every 5-20 minutes. a tech just tested at our outside box and all was good. any thoughts?

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

Connect the modem to the test jack at the NID and see if the problem continues. If so, there is a problem with your modem or router, or further upstream. If not, there is an issue with your inside wiring.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to troubled

Hi troubled. Joey with CenturyLink here. Please let us know if we can help you with this issue. We ask that you send your account info and issue details to us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. We'll do all we can for you. Thanks.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team

mikelatino

join:2013-04-11
Winter Park, FL
reply to troubled

hi like the previous person said, connect modem direct to pc also make sure the connection goes direct from modem to jack, test like that for a specific time frame, if you can replicate the problem then, first make sure you have your pppoe acct information at hand (user name and password) call your tech support have them walk you trough resetting the modem and entering the information back in the modem. you can also check your lines stats from within the modem. if lines are good you might want to get that modem replaced so that you cover all the bases....good luck