All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678

Re: the weather channel local on the 8s hd, when?

I say make it the weather documentary channel and split off a REAL WEATHER channel. I like the documentaries and all but I don't tune into the weather channel to watch documentaries. I tune into the weather channel to watch weather.
Maybe it's time for fox or someone to come up with a real weather channel to take on the weather "documentary" channel?

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

The Weather Channel is more of a low-budget reality channel than a documentary channel.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

There was a website called Jump The Shark a few years ago about TV shows gone from good to bad like MTV going from music videos to Beavis & Butthead or Home Improvement when the boys got older.

The Weather Channels has definitely jumped the shark.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

How much do they actually do live weather? Every time I turn it on I see reality shows.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

The weather channel has gotten so bad that I barely watch it. They play the same rerun of Lifeguard for the 500th time this month.

I watch Fox News and that is better than the weather channel. They could have 24 hour live programming by hiring non-meteorologists to read the weather off a TelePrompTer or a script and use the forecasts prepared by the NWS.