spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HZarif2

@wind.ca

[Cable] no internet signal

Once again I have to internet connection as well as at my dad's. I have no idea why its keeps happening in my area (Orleans-ON).

I TEKSAVVY but since I'm not home they can't help me, I did mention that I unplugged the modem from the power and i have even plugged the modem directly to the computer.

That sucks

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Is your modem able to sync up to the network? Go to 192.168.100.1 and than post your signal stats here.

old sparks

join:2011-02-17
Greely, ON
reply to HZarif2
I'm also on the St-Laurent POI and I've noticed that I've gone from 8 channel bonding down to 5. DCM476 with the proper firmware. Getting lots of DHCP and ranging messages.

Doesn't seem to be affecting speed or ping. When I rebooted the modem, it acquired 8 channel bonding again. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to reboot it again.

Seems to be a very recent development. The DMC476 has been very reliable for the 6 weeks or so that I've had it...

tomvalenz

join:2002-12-13
Orleans, ON
reply to HZarif2
Same here Orleans internet seems down. This is getting very annoying now.

OrleansOut

@184.151.114.x
reply to HZarif2
I am in Orleans,ON and once again finding no service this morning

GZarif

join:2013-02-08
Orleans, ON
reply to HZarif2
The worst part is when you call Teksavvy they are clueless about everything. Yes no internet in Orleans is becoming more and more often.

OrleansDERP

@telus.net
reply to HZarif2
There seems to be connectivity through the modem, but DHCP DISCOVER is going unanswered. I'm seeing DHCP Offers and ACKs for everyone else, just not me.

bdog

join:2012-02-07

1 edit
reply to HZarif2
Appears to be a DHCP server issue, DHCP DISCOVERs are going out but are not being replied to.

I'm seeing DHCP ACKs and OFFERs from other clients, so it's not a modem connectivity issue.

tomvalenz

Orleans, ON
reply to HZarif2
Well I'm going to try and call Teksavvy and see whats up. I wish someone from Teksavvy would post here as they've done before.

bdog

join:2012-02-07
be ready to wait.. as I'm currently doing.

GZarif

Orleans, ON
reply to HZarif2
Please let me know, I can't call because I'm at work, they will need to be at home to troubleshoot.

What makes it even worst is that my parents’ house and mine only have MagicJack and since there is no internet well then there is no phone. IT IS VERY ANOYING

GZarif

Orleans, ON
reply to HZarif2
ANY UPDATE one when it will go back up?

It is still down in Orleans for me and my parents

tomvalenz

Orleans, ON

1 edit
reply to HZarif2
Same here Orleans internet seems down. This is getting very annoying now.

EDIT: Just saying for me in Orleans my service is back. Suggest to anyone to power off your modem for approx 5 mins and power it back. That's what my wife did, for the 3rd time today and success.