All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bdog
join:2012-02-07

bdog

[Cable] Orleans - No DHCP

Just wondering if anyone else is having DHCP issues in Orleans.

Please post if you are.

Thanks
tomvalenz
join:2002-12-13
Orleans, ON

tomvalenz

I'm in Orleans, I'm not getting an IP. DHCP likely. I'm not at home so I can't further diagnose. Internet was fine for me last night all the way up to 11:30 when I went to bed. This morning all the lights were on pretty much solid on the modem. Saw upstream flicker a few times. Rebooted modem twice to no avail.
bdog

bdog

Yep.. lost my IP around 23:15 last night
GZarif
join:2013-02-08
Orleans, ON

GZarif to bdog

to bdog
ya, here look at this:

»[Cable] no internet signal
bdog

bdog

Ya.. I saw your post.. just wanted to re-topic it to be more specific.
GZarif
Orleans, ON

GZarif to bdog

to bdog
Ya no worries, it is just that it is so anoying that when you call technical support, they don't know what is going on.
bdog

bdog

Finally have a ticket headed to Rogers.. Not too many people complaining about it, maybe it's just a few isolated cases.
tomvalenz
join:2002-12-13
Orleans, ON

tomvalenz to bdog

to bdog
Again, this is getting major annoying. For a good while I swear by Teksavvy being a great service but this up and down crap lately is getting really annoying, especially when my home phone uses the internet. I'm not about to run back to Rogers but come on, their network management is pitiful. I've turned off the modem for close to 10 mins a couple of times and bring it back up and nothing.
pcfxer
join:2006-12-11
Orleans, ON

pcfxer

We have a clinic located on St. Joseph that is also down. However, they are on Rogers with: the same issues. DHCP without an answer.

Recently as Rogers rolls out APOI they are changing customers' static IPs to new ones...Removes the static part eh?
bdog

bdog

just leased an IP. Yay, I guess.
GZarif
Orleans, ON

GZarif to bdog

to bdog
It is still down in Orleans for me and my parents
bdog

bdog

Did they actually route a ticket up for you, or are stuck in the whole "no troubleshooting - no ticket" game?
GZarif
Orleans, ON

GZarif to bdog

to bdog
I can't call technical support because I'm not home so we can't torubleshoot :@

do you know if the issue is at least "fixed"?
bdog

1 edit

bdog

I'm completely speculating here, but it's likely something that has only affected a few people and those people will need manual intervention at the robbers end.

So I'm guessing no ticket - no fix.
Unless whoever fixed the issue takes the initiative and looks for other people with the problem.