Long overview of both Original Sin and Dragon Commander:

»www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8925

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

They broke $600k! I dusted off Divinity II last night to prepare for this. Apparently I was given the Developers' Edition free since I had vanilla DivII.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

They said that they just spent practically all weekend answering questions, making videos, showing gameplay, etc.

Plus RPG Watch and RPG Codex are having a pissing match and having a fundraiser. RPG Watch wants to have a tower after them, RPG Codex wants to keep them out.
»www.rpgwatch.com/#21826
»www.rpgcodex.net/index.php#8923

And Reddit AMA tomorrow, plus an article by TB and Angry Joe should give a pretty huge boost is the last couple days. I'm hoping they can at least try and reach 800k.

They're at 603k now, plus paypal was at 14k as of yesterday... so a nice 617k (if not more) so far.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

2 edits

And they have now passed the 650k, including paypal. Personality traits and talents are in.

They also added a new stretchgoal at 700k that sounds awesome. Kirill (their musician/composer) will get a whole orchestra to create the music for the game. That would definitely be an awesome experience. He has been very involved with the KS and constantly adding music to the updates, and he's really good at it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Awww nice!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

And their AMA on Reddit starts now...

»www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1···ivinity/

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2

said by ekster:

And their AMA on Reddit starts now...

»www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1···ivinity/

I thought this quote by Swen at Larian was promising:

I thought the gaming world had become a more cynical place but then I figured out that was because of all my dealings with the industry side. I decided for myself I'm not going to walk in that trap again. There's too many people in the games industry that don't belong there because they don't care about a) games, b) the people playing games.

--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Larian as a whole has been very promising during their KS campaign in general. While I was familiar with Divinity, I didn't know much about Larian studio...

They were very active (way more active than I ever saw anyone) on KS. These guys are really working for it. I'd see them answering questions in the comments section and making updates on weekend, constantly present in evenings our time.. which must be something like 2-3 am there.

Plus their whole team was constantly active. I'm still amazed at how active their composer and musician is. Usually these guys are just someone a company hires to make some cheap repetitive music, but this guy has been constantly creating music for their updates and events.

I really wish more studios were like them.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

We're at $865k on the KS alone with 6 hours to go!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

$916k with Paypal... so only $85k to get the final stretch goal.

It's going to be very close, but considering the momentum they've had in the last couple of days, it's still a possibility.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok

Still 2 hours to go, not sure to get in the kickstarter or wait until the game is released.
--
When on dangerous ground maneuver, when on deadly ground fight.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Unlike the other kickstarters.... this game has already been in production for 2 years and almost finished. They will only be polishing and improving it now... so that's one KS to get in on it now!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Jobbie

You get Divinity Dragon Commander for free if you pledge enough. I could see our crew getting into it--it's a mashup of MTG, Civ5, and SC2.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

$65 tier is gone, but they reopened it at $80... Dragon Commander, plus 2 copies of D:OS and all those other small extras.

Which is still a steal, considering that the games alone will be $120...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

$943,292. So close to a million.

104 minutes to go.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Last goal is guaranteed at this point as they will keep paypal open for 2 more weeks.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Oh sweet. That will go a ways towards making it feel like a more dynamic game.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

$65 tier is gone, but they reopened it at $80... Dragon Commander, plus 2 copies of D:OS and all those other small extras.

Bah!
--
When on dangerous ground maneuver, when on deadly ground fight.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

The 10k tier is also still open, if you want something better.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

lulz o.O

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

Last goal is guaranteed at this point as they will keep paypal open for 2 more weeks.

FUNDED at $944,282 on KS, plus another $37,256 from Paypal right now ($981,538 total), which leaves them another $18,462 to get in the next two weeks for the final stretch goal.

I think that's very doable.

Edit: the number might change a little, pledges apparently are still being processed
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Since it was only $18k short, and with RPG Codex and RPG Watch's fundraisers, they ended up with about 5k short...

As a result, Swen said that this is close enough. All stretch goals are met.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

nice!

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
reply to Krisnatharok

Never mind ... too slow to post

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to ekster

Bringing back the old topic... but a slightly early surprise to those that got the kickstarter tier with the Dragon Commander... DC will be released on August 6th, but they just upgraded everyone on KS to the Imperial Edition!

That includes a golden skin dragon, Dragons on Earth map campaign, digital soundtrack, behind the scenes... and beta access, which is open now!

Just go to www.larianvault.com, sign in, link your KS profile and pick up your steamkey.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

People who haven't ordered this need to watch this and then go and do so:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2cDhcVmOA

--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Have you tried it yet? I played a couple of skirmishes and a campaign for a bit with AIs only.

I love what they did with it. They did an amazing mix of TBS for the campaign and RTS for the battles/skirmishes.

Plus I love that you can select whether you want to just play a skirmish when you're short on time, or go through a campaign if you got lots of time. Can't wait till they start releasing some of the SP campaigns in the beta.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Is MP the only option?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

For now, yeah. They are planning to release parts of the sp game afterwards as they get closer to release.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

I downloaded the beta for Dragon Commander and was surprised to see that I can only play it on multi-player for now. I looked at the server list and all the games were full, I wasn't feeling brave enough to try hosting my own yet.

What is the learning curve like in the MP play? I don't really feel like signing on to someone's game and getting my ass kicked, or worse, having someone depend on me as a team member when I have no idea what to do.
--
/)_/) "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
( . . )
C(")(")