PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to saillaw

Premium Member

to saillaw

Re: Any fans of Divinity, or turn based RPGs? Kickstarter

Host your own and add AI. I tried 1v1-ing the AI and got my butt kicked pretty quick. Gonna have to pay more attention to how the mechanics work.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to saillaw

Premium Member

to saillaw
It's a pretty different game from others as it combines two different game types (RTS and TBS).. so start a couple of 1vs1 games with an AI. I also suggest you start with skirmishes instead of campaigns. (Skirmish is a quick RTS, campaign is a longer TBS game of conquering regions and enemies where each battle becomes a skirmish)

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

What do yo think of the game so far?

Buy yay or nay?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

It's still a bit hard to say if Dragon Commander is worth it so far. It's still in beta, I didn't get to play the SP campaign (it's not easy to jump into a completely new game, have every upgrade/research/unit available from the start and then figure them all out while getting rushed by the enemy like crazy), and didn't get to play it too much... I really like the idea so far though. There's definitely a lot of potential for this game, with a lot of different ways to play it.

I have a good feeling that anyone who loves PvP strategy is going to love this game though. Can't comment on SP right now, however.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Host your own and add AI. I tried 1v1-ing the AI and got my butt kicked pretty quick. Gonna have to pay more attention to how the mechanics work.

Thanks,

I'm still trying to try this, but unfortunately with my slow internet here (sustained download speed seems to average about 100kbs), and the frequent updates to the Beta, the damn thing is always downloading whenever I try to play. I'll try this once it's finished (although now my Steam is going to be downloading full time for quite a while due to all the games I just bought in the summer sale).

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Small update for those that got the game...
We are very determined to implement all the extra features gained through stretch goals the way they should be implemented, which essentially means that we want to incorporate them in the story, the world and the gameplay mechanics. This is taking us more time than we originally thought, and so we decided to move the release of Divinity: Original Sin from this fall (as originally announced) to this winter, specifically to February 28th 2014.

For backers that have Alpha access, expect to have the rough and rugged version of Original Sin by November. Beta should be your New Year's present in January!
The big stars of kickstarter are finally starting to reach completion. With Watelands 2 and Divinity: OS being the first ones. Can't wait for this!