how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

afterburn999

join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON

[DSL] Another Installation Fiasco

I don't really know what to do right now and the direct forum has been really useless, so I'm just going to post my situation here and hope someone can offer me some advice.

I called to upgrade my service to 25/10 and Installation was set for April 2nd, the 2 techs missed the date and they told me the order has not gone through.

Teksavvy said they'll escalate the situation to get things resolved and take my name and phone number for confirmation. A few hours after the escalation process they give me a new date set for April 5th but a few hours after that my Phone line goes completely dead and I honestly didn't even know that had happened until someone pointed it out to me later at night.

So i go ahead and Post on the direct forums again to inform them about the loss of my phone line (obviously I couldn't call or i would have) and I get a nice response in this regard "The upgrade of your internet service should not affect your phone. I would recommend contact your phone provider to have them look into this for you.".

I just can't see how this phone problem can just be a coincidence especially considering I've had uninterrupted phone service with Bell for the past 16 years.

The strange thing is the Sagemcom modem provided to me is working fine and internet is still active it's just on my old profile 6/.8.

Obviously most people would Call Bell or Teksavvy on a cell phone which I don't have so all I can do right now is post on the forums. I posted on the Bell Direct forum but haven't gotten a response in 12 hours so I doubt I will get one.

Anyways I don't really know what to do so I just laid it out here in the open so hopefully I could get some help.

I really hope I don't have to rely on a tech that may or may not come tomorrow.

notfred

join:2012-09-15
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
Sorry to say that this sounds very familiar given my install story.

You need to open a case with Bell to get your phone sorted out and that's going to mean having to wait on their phone tech. That will sort out your phone, but it seems the phone techs are different from the DSL techs, so whether getting your phone going breaks your DSL is a guess.

Goto Bell for phone disconnects, TekSavvy for Internet disconnects. Rinse and repeat until you end up with what you paid for then contact the CRTC with a full documented case. It won't help you but if enough people do it then maybe Bell will get told to stop messing around.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to afterburn999
Hi Afterburn999,

Your phone line in any case should never be affected by an upgrade process on your DSL. It has happened in the past where mistakes have happened however our hands are limited to get phone service restored. Usually, the problem will be fixed much sooner by contacting your existing provider, which I can see you are making attempts to do so.

I am also sorry to hear about the missed dispatch. If it is currently set for the 5th, that will be the best I can get you.

What I will do is get a hold of Bell to see if we can have them double-check that nothing got pulled as it is ultimately possible that during the process, a mistake was made by the tech. It is also possible that its coincidence and completely unrelated.

I will let you know what the outcome is on my end, but please keep on trying for Bell support. I checked their site and chat is currently disabled but keep an eye out for it.

»support.bell.ca/Contact-us#

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to afterburn999
We checked with their contacts (Bell Wholesale Office) and they cannot engage this either way as your service is with Bell retail.

Just checked that link and Bell Internet Chat is now open. Can you give that a try.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog