share rss forum feed

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to patt2k

Re: Is it possible?

wow sillicondust (hdhomerun) is now at 177$ why are these prices changing so much?? I will be moving in a week so I will order the box in about 3-4 days.. now I don't know anymore which one to get..

can anyone suggest me ? something in 140$ range?

will this work with fios cable cards? Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 Dual Tuner Cable Card TV Tuner

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

said by patt2k:

wow sillicondust (hdhomerun) is now at 177$ why are these prices changing so much?? I will be moving in a week so I will order the box in about 3-4 days.. now I don't know anymore which one to get..

will this work with fios cable cards? Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 Dual Tuner Cable Card TV Tuner

Anything labeled "CableCARD" will work with FiOS. So yes, the Hauppauge will work.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to patt2k

said by patt2k:

The Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-3250 is currently $150 on sale from Best Buy and it has 3 tuners. The Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 is usually the cheapest around $100 since it has 2 tuners.

There must have been a sale earlier on the HDHomeRun Prime and now that the sale is over the price is back up around its usual.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to patt2k

I don't have much more left to buy and I need to learn as much as I can.

2 Tuners is fine with me question is Hauppauge tuner let's me for example : wirelessly watch live TV via windows media center like silicondust does? this is what matters to me a lot.

As I will want to watch on my PC,PS3 and laptop not always at same time though.

PC and PS3 will be wired at all times but this is for my mom her laptop has 5ghz bands and my router has a dual band 2.4 ghz and 5ghz.

Thanks guys

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Based on the devices and how it sounds like you want to use your PC, laptop, and PS3 the HDHomeRun Prime would be the only tuner that gives you the kind of flexibility you're looking for.

The HDHomeRun Prime is currently the only CableCARD tuner that can run standalone and support DLNA and DTCP-IP for streaming to other devices like the PS3 without requiring a Media Center PC. Your PC and laptop can use Media Center to view and record TV programs too as the tuners with the HDHomeRun Prime are dynamically shared so any device can use the tuners as they request them.

patt2k

reply to patt2k

thanks Zero got all the answers I needed

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to patt2k

I got so lucky yesterday price dropped to 149$ I quickly chatted them and they gave me price difference refund I got refund of 29$

getting silicondust today , while I am moving on 27th the tech on 27th will have the cable card so I will have a lot of work to do overall in the house.

Thanks guys