Search similar:

uniqs
bgm_dc
join:2009-10-05
Saint Peters, MO

bgm_dc

[CenturyTel] weirdest problem ever.

OK so here it goes...

The past 2 afternoons we have had serious loading issues when connecting to our own company site. www.discountcoffee.com

The other 99.999999999% of the internet works perfectly.

So in the morning our site loads fine but as the day goes by it gets slower and slower. By 5pm CST our site is pretty much useless.

We have been in contact with our website host & development team and our site is running beautifully. We have confirmed that our site is running fine by using 3rd party testing services such as Yottaa and using 3 other ISP's in our area (Charter, ATT & Virgin).

The 6meg speed CenturyTel is providing us with is the same all day long.

Every pc in the building has the same problem.

All we have is the line coming into the building going to a Westel D90-327W14-06 and then to a switch and then to all the pc's in the building.

We can not figure out what is causing this issue....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
BigVe
join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

BigVe

Well, i live in upper Mi and it is now 5:07PM and your site is slower than a snail on tar paper
cissjbk
join:2010-11-17
West Columbia, SC

cissjbk to bgm_dc

to bgm_dc
Works fine from here (SC) ... I see that it's hosted on Amazon Web Services ... maybe have your web provider do some reverse TCP traceroute tests from AWS to your router... there may be an intermediate ISP issue between you and Amazon. Works great here (but our ISPs generally have great connectivity to Amazon N. Virginia).
bgm_dc
Saint Peters, MO

bgm_dc

said by cissjbk:

Works fine from here (SC) ... I see that it's hosted on Amazon Web Services ... maybe have your web provider do some reverse TCP traceroute tests from AWS to your router... there may be an intermediate ISP issue between you and Amazon. Works great here (but our ISPs generally have great connectivity to Amazon N. Virginia).

I have talked to CenturyTel and all they were concerned with was whether or not we were getting our 6mbps speed.

What can I say to CenturyTel to get more help out of them???
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to bgm_dc

to bgm_dc
Hi bgm_dc, sorry that you've been having trouble here. I know it's been about a week since you've posted, but have you gotten any resolution here? If we can help please let us know. Contact us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thank you.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team
bgm_dc
Saint Peters, MO

bgm_dc

said by CenturyLink:

Hi bgm_dc, sorry that you've been having trouble here. I know it's been about a week since you've posted, but have you gotten any resolution here? If we can help please let us know. Contact us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thank you.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team

So far this week we haven't had a problem....but if it rears its ugly head again I will be sure to email you Joey.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink

Ok great. Glad to hear it's better. Hopefully it's smooth sailing going forward!

- Joey