how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SGT_J

join:2013-04-04

1 edit

Gaming Issues with CenturyLink

I need some help gentlemen, seeing as im not the most tech-savy individual, maybe some of you can help me out. Basically heres the issue while gaming i get a short lag, 2-3seconds where i basically get disconnected from the internet and end up getting booted from the game and signed off of playstation network. Im running my ps3 directly connected to my modem via ethernet cable my modem is a pk5001z. Nothing else connected, and wireless turned off. Tech support never seems to see anything wrong with my connection during their diagnostic tests, in the hundreds of times contacting them about the issue... they gave me a new modem, thinking maybe mine was just a factory default but same issue persists. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Search the other threads. There is an issue with that modem. A firmware update should fix it.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to SGT_J

SGT_J,

@billaustin is right on the money. There was a known issue with gaming and the PK5001Z that was resolved with a firmware update. The devices should update themselves automatically, but tech support should be able to assist you with this. If you would like our help just send your account info to us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thanks.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team