Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

[Praise] ATT Uverse Retention

Called ATT to get better pricing after our promos ran out, and I was connected within 2 minutes to a nice woman in Missouri(US finally). Not only was she able to knock off $35 a month off of our bill for 12 months(paying less than a new customer would with our plan), but she upgraded us to Max Plus AND added the Movie Channel.
All in all, I was more than delighted with their service. I believe her name was Kirsten, very good representative. Kudos ATT!
--
No Victim=No Crime

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN
Glad to hear! I am going to be calling them this weekend. My promo runs out in 3 weeks. I am moving in 6 months to a area they don't service so I hope I can lock my current price for that 6 months or get a better price with no commitment. I would take it with me but they dont have a node in my new area.

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
said by Bamafan2277:

Glad to hear! I am going to be calling them this weekend. My promo runs out in 3 weeks. I am moving in 6 months to a area they don't service so I hope I can lock my current price for that 6 months or get a better price with no commitment. I would take it with me but they dont have a node in my new area.

I did have to agree to a 1 year agreement, but the price is locked for the year. The ETF was only $180 and it goes down $15 a month.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Bamafan2277

Jeffersonville, IN
thats not too bad. I am calling tomorrow to see what I can wrangle and worst case I go back to cable for 6 months till I move then im getting Direct Tv. The cable selection here stinks bad

hoyleysox
Premium
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA
reply to billydunwood
I call the retention department at my cable company every 12 months and threaten to cut the cord if they won't renew the promotion. So far they have always agreed.

Bamafan2277

Jeffersonville, IN
reply to billydunwood
No go with AT&T so far. Spoke to the Retention department and he said it was still 12 days till my promo is up and the system won't give them any deals for me until that day.

He stated they only do 1 year but if I'm moving out of service area they won't charge me the ETF. But could not provide that in writing so I am not trusing it and just going to bite the bullet and call the local cable company.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
reply to hoyleysox
said by hoyleysox:

I call the retention department at my cable company every 12 months and threaten to cut the cord if they won't renew the promotion. So far they have always agreed.

That depends on your cable provider as well... TWC around here will let you go. The only thing that I have with TWC is 1 hd- dvr, the rest of the tvs have anolog service.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to billydunwood
I recently did this with optimum. My cable bill was going to go up $40/month in May when my promo ran out. Right now I am getting a pretty good deal. I pay $125/month for 15mbit internet/phone/digital cable/showtime/HBO/1 DVR.

But I was unwilling to pay the extra cost, informed the representative of that, and she kept my at my current package for another year. I didn't really try push it more because keeping my current package at the same price is all I wanted.
--
What smells like blue?

Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

1 edit
reply to billydunwood
Yep. If you call to cancel your service they will extend promo. One time i have called to chancel AT&T DSL service, because i have switched to cable one month later i got billed for the DSL service so i have called again, and the rep. has credited my account for two month, because the service was not canceled.

Bamafan2277

Jeffersonville, IN
reply to billydunwood
Had to call and cancel my services today since my Term was up and they are not servicing the area im moving to in a few months.

Took 10 min. The guy did double check my new address and said it's only got DSL right now but is slated for Uverse once the area builds out more. Bad thing is it's about 30% complete and looking at another 2-3 years for 70%