spc
Search similar:

uniqs

romans5
@direcway.com

romans5

Anon

Help identify these 2 cables

I purchased an Apex PD-650S portable DvD player at a yard sale and it came with these 2 cables:

»i.imgur.com/fZuLGZX.jpg

Does anyone know what they are?

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

left - stereo cable. 3.5mm stereo jack to left/right RCA. Common to output from portable media players into home audio equipment.

right - mono cable. 3.5mm to RCA.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to romans5

MVM

to romans5
I concur with JimE See Profile. The only thing I would add is that the top cable has male RCA connectors and the bottom has a femal RCA connector. Both 3.5mm jacks are male.

I could see using the stereo cable, but don't believe I've had a use for the other cable.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939

Premium Member

said by Kilroy:

I concur with JimE See Profile. The only thing I would add is that the top cable has male RCA connectors and the bottom has a femal RCA connector. Both 3.5mm jacks are male.

I could see using the stereo cable, but don't believe I've had a use for the other cable.

That other cable may be used for digital audio output (coaxial), or for video input.

printscreen
join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen to romans5

to romans5
I found the manual for your DVD player here »www.manualslib.com/downl ··· 650.html and looking at it I don't think the cable in the right is used with your device. The cable in the left, as others have pointed out is audio and goes into the headphone jack. Although it can be used with your player I don't think this cable came with it from the factory because it has RCA audio outputs which are better for sending audio to another device such as a TV or audio receiver. There is a digital out output in the back but I don't think that cable goes there.
BoulderHill1
join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL

BoulderHill1 to JimE

to JimE
Doesn't it seem odd that the cable on the right to be a mono cable when the 3.5 mm end is clearly a stereo connector, (tip, ring, sleeve) with two conductors all the way to the connector on the other end only to terminate into a single RCA?

It would seem to me that maybe the end opposite the 3.5mm is maybe an S-video or other proprietary connection. Cables like this I have seen. Unique and special application designs.

Since we can not see the end view of the connector we can not be sure.

I'm just saying, I've never seen a 3.5mm STEREO connector that was terminated on the other end into a single mono RCA.

I have seen a MONO 3.5mm connector (tip, sleeve) that terminates into a single mono RCA.

Either way, neither of these cables were intended for use with the DVD player the OP bought.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

I have seen these as adapters for a stereo capable device to be plugged into a mono type device like an audio amp for a PA system.