uniqs
share rss forum feed

angussf
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4

Managing multiple domains with different registrars

I manage a bunch of Internet domains for clients and for non-profit groups for whom I do pro-bono work. Looking for free or low-cost software (or some other way) to keep track of the domains and make sure their registrations don't lapse. Something like this:
Domain Name Manager for Windows: Domain Punch Professional
»www.domainpunch.com/domain-punch-pro/
except that this is out of budget for what I can justify right now.

Doesn't have to be Windows, could be Linux, a web-based app that I could host on my own site, or an Android app.

Ideas welcome!
--
Angus S-F
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona, USA
»geoapps.com/
»www.linkedin.com/in/angussf
»geoapps.blogspot.com/

MVS7
Premium
join:2005-04-18
Here is an online tool that you could use:
»www.domaintools.com/monitor/domain-monitor/

It's free for up to 100 domains.

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ
said by MVS7:

Here is an online tool that you could use:
»www.domaintools.com/monitor/domain-monitor/

It's free for up to 100 domains.

Thanks. I might try that until I find an offline tool that does what I want.

jonathan11

join:2013-05-03
reply to angussf
You might be register a different domain if the one you chose isn't available. Hosting company rearrange as many as register domain names with a domain registrar

CThunder
CThunder
Premium
join:2002-12-26
Los Angeles, CA
reply to angussf
I will have to try both! Over the years they have spread to four places now and I really need to organize better. The main thing is to not forget about one with an old card on file have it vanish!

spm

join:2013-07-03
reply to angussf
Hi Angus,

We run Site Portfolio Manager and one of the new features we recently launched is our domain tracker, which automatically finds registrar information for all your domains and then lists and notifies you of upcoming renewals.

Its an online application so you don't have to download anything, just register and log in.

If you have any questions please send them my way.

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ
said by spm:

Hi Angus,

We run Site Portfolio Manager and one of the new features we recently launched is our domain tracker, which automatically finds registrar information for all your domains and then lists and notifies you of upcoming renewals.

Its an online application so you don't have to download anything, just register and log in.

If you have any questions please send them my way.

Thanks, but if read the original post you'll see I'm looking for something I can host myself. First, I don't want to rely on something hosted in the cloud which can disappear at any time. Second, most of my domains are for non-profits so any non-free subscription service is out of the question.
--
Angus S-F
»geoapps.com/
»geoapps.blogspot.com/

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ
reply to spm
said by spm:

Hi Angus,

Seems like I can't reply to old topics

Strange. Try logging in first, then clicking the [REPLY] button, that works for me.
said by spm:

Sorry about missing the first part of your post, I'll let you know if we ever release and version of SPM you can host yourself and/or if we offer a permanently free account in the future.

Were you able to find a solution yet?

No solution yet.
--
Angus S-F
»geoapps.com/
»geoapps.blogspot.com/
Expand your moderator at work