J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

[Bootcamp] Windows 8

So I installed Windows 8 (Paid $14) back in October -- before bootcamp support, for tax purposes. (I do my income (Business) tax, which needs smelly Windows) At that time neither Parallels NOR VMWare Fusion had any Windows 8 support. Install went pretty good, despite the fact that BC Assistant didn't officially support Windows 8. Okay, so now I got Parallels (paid $35) that supports Bootcamp Windows 8 -- however, it's bitching about my bootcamp. Now, Windows 8 does boot up -- although screen resolution is not 'proper'. And now Apple has a Boot Camp assistant for Windows 8 -- which I imagine would make everyone work better. Now, is there anyway for me to fix this install without having to uninstall? Basically, fix the bootcamp portion of Windows 8, then remove Windows 8 from Parallels (doesn't delete much) and re-install Windows 8 bootcamp?

I sure hope that makes sense: In a nut shell:

FIX Bootcamp to Windows 8 Apple supported from the current "Windows 7 or whatever it choose".

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

I'm confused, is this simply a whine topic?

RiseAbove
Premium Member
join:2004-01-30

RiseAbove to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
save yourself some headache, blow away bootcamp and any VM's you might still have of this in parallels if they still show. Then start from scratch with the bootcamp build. When done go back into Parallels and tell it to use that Bootcamp partition.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

+1 Meanwhile unless you are playing games I wouldn't bother with bootcamp at all and just stick to a VM.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to J E F F4

Mod

to J E F F4
Not easily. Just back your data, blow it away, start from scratch.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Mike:

Not easily. Just back your data, blow it away, start from scratch.

Man, that SUCKS!

Well...good thing I don't have much of anything on it, just a single file that I'll upload to my SkyDrive. I'll do it right this time around.