Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG

Re: DragonBall Z: Battle of Gods - March 30th - 2 Hour Movie

The big moment during the Majin Buu fight was Goku's first transformation into SS3. It was an epic moment that fans loved and went nuts about. The big reveal of this movie was supposed to be Goku's transformation into this new form, and while we appreciate you bringing this new movie to our attention, frankly you ruined it with the incessant posting of spoilers with all the grainy cam footage, and your commentary.

You basically spoiled and revealed practically the entire movie, for us. Spoiler tags exist for a reason on this site, so why would you think it's okay to constantly post up all these videos of a movie that hasn't even been subbed and released for the English speaking markets yet, and kill the enjoyment for all the DBZ fans???! »/r0/do ··· _ani.gif

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp

Premium Member

Actually, I do agree with this. Spoiler tags definitely should have been used.

I chose not to watch the videos, myself. I'm glad I didn't watch em.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

You basically spoiled and revealed practically the entire movie, for us. Spoiler tags exist for a reason on this site, so why would you think it's okay to constantly post up all these videos of a movie that hasn't even been subbed and released for the English speaking markets yet, and kill the enjoyment for all the DBZ fans???!

Well, no one FORCED you to read the spoilers, or watch the videos, so you really only have yourself to blame here if you're upset about being spoiled.

Just sayin.... or is that just super sayin?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Click for full size
Actually in reading a thread with no spoiler tags, yes I was forced to read the spoilers before realizing they were actually spoilers.

And I didn't have to watch the videos, he's posting a running commentary without spoiler tags, and even posting up pics of Goku's new form. Avoiding watching the videos doesn't do much good when someone blatantly posts a picture of the new form and doesn't use spoiler tags!

I'm just sayin'...
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan to captokita

to captokita
said by captokita:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

You basically spoiled and revealed practically the entire movie, for us. Spoiler tags exist for a reason on this site, so why would you think it's okay to constantly post up all these videos of a movie that hasn't even been subbed and released for the English speaking markets yet, and kill the enjoyment for all the DBZ fans???!

Well, no one FORCED you to read the spoilers, or watch the videos, so you really only have yourself to blame here if you're upset about being spoiled.

and actually, considering the point in the time line.. Videl's secret is no real surprise. they where bound to do a story around it eventually.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by TurtleFan:

said by captokita:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

and actually, considering the point in the time line.. Videl's secret is no real surprise. they where bound to do a story around it eventually.

Videl yes. Goku's transformation, no. It was a blatant spoiler.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

1 recommendation

Alcohol to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

The post is describing the video and contributing nothing to the discussion. It's not in spoiler tags. I didn't watch the video, but i read the post which said Goku keeps fighting after his god form time expires. How the fuck is that not a spoiler?

The mods have become weak. Can't believe it's still not edited.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

captokita

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

The post is describing the video and contributing nothing to the discussion. It's not in spoiler tags. I didn't watch the video, but i read the post which said Goku keeps fighting after his god form time expires. How the fuck is that not a spoiler?

Again, no one forced you to READ it. You knew clicking on the topic that the topic is discussing the movie, and from the first youtube video link of cell-video you should've guessed spoilers were coming, I did. It might be in bad taste to not put spoiler tags on it, but you should've seen it coming.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

1 recommendation

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by captokita:

said by Alcohol:

Again, no one forced you to READ it. You knew clicking on the topic that the topic is discussing the movie, and from the first youtube video link of cell-video you should've guessed spoilers were coming, I did. It might be in bad taste to not put spoiler tags on it, but you should've seen it coming.

How should have i seen this coming? We're discussing a movie that just got released in the theater is Japan. I would be fine with videos showing footage (i wouldn't watch) but it fucking tells you what the video is about in non spoiler text.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't believe anyone can seriously think the climax of the movie isn't a spoiler.

Should have seen it coming is the biggest bullshit i've ever read from you, and i've read your posts in the red room.

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

So are you.
Expand your moderator at work

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol

Re: DragonBall Z: Battle of Gods - March 30th - 2 Hour Movie

said by Alcohol:

said by captokita:

said by Alcohol:

How should have i seen this coming? We're discussing a movie that just got released in the theater is Japan. I would be fine with videos showing footage (i wouldn't watch) but it fucking tells you what the video is about in non spoiler text.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't believe anyone can seriously think the climax of the movie isn't a spoiler.

Should have seen it coming is the biggest bullshit i've ever read from you, and i've read your posts in the red room.

100% agree!

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

captokita to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

Ouch. Touched a nerve did I? Seriously, you're taking this WAAAAAY too seriously. You missed me saying it was bad taste to NOT put spoiler tags in there too huh? That's ok.

You could've stopped reading the spoilers at ANY point you felt spoiled, but you didn't, you kept on reading. I can't help that.

How does a DBZ battle movie work? Let's see, evil enemy comes and is stronger than the last enemy, so the end result is either:

A: Everyone dies, bad guy wins, or
B: Goku gets more powerful and beats the bad guys and everyone's happy.....

Which do YOU see as the more probable outcome here?

THAT spoils it for you.......

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

Yes, that's how most movies work. They have a happy ending with the hero beating the villain. With your logic nobody should ever care how the movie ends since most likely the outcome will be the hero winning.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

said by captokita:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

The mods have become weak. Can't believe it's still not edited.

Considering Goku's character I wonder how that can be considered a spoiler at all.

Well, I suppose the implication that he didn't win before time ran out might be a spoiler to someone unfamiliar with DBZ.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by sivran:

Considering Goku's character I wonder how that can be considered a spoiler at all.

Well, I suppose the implication that he didn't win before time ran out might be a spoiler to someone unfamiliar with DBZ.

Because we didn't know what the Super Saiyen God Mode transformation would look like, and also, all his previous transformations were big reveals and climactic moments in the series that the fans loved!

Super Saiyen was a BIG change from how he looked while in Kaio-ken mode.
Super Saiyen 3 was a HUGE change from how he looked in Super Saiyen and Super Saiyen 2 mode.
Super Saiyen 4 was a COMPLETELY different look altogether from all his other forms altogether!!!

So if you really want to be technical and nit-picky about it, THAT'S how it could be a spoiler!

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

I didn't really think about appearance, I guess.