spc
uniqs

Tehrasha
join:2004-12-15
Vinton, IA

Tehrasha to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad

Re: "Put me on your do not call list" = "whatever

If only the opt-out on the 404 redirect was as permanent...

After several months of being blissfully MIA it has reared its head again. My IP address has not changed in over a year, yet I have had to reset the preference in Feb, Mar and Apr...

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello Tehrasha,

All signals look good on this end. I did send a signal over to your modem that should have caused it to reboot. Please let me know if this gets rid of your 404 redirect pages.
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to Tehrasha

to Tehrasha
said by Tehrasha:

If only the opt-out on the 404 redirect was as permanent...

After several months of being blissfully MIA it has reared its head again. My IP address has not changed in over a year, yet I have had to reset the preference in Feb, Mar and Apr...

Are you using the mediacom DNS? If so change it. Changed mine and don't get the redirect to mediacom crap.

Tehrasha
join:2004-12-15
Vinton, IA

Tehrasha

said by Pringlescan:

Are you using the mediacom DNS? If so change it. Changed mine and don't get the redirect to mediacom crap.

Nope, Ive been using a combination of Google's DNS and OpenDNS servers for over a year.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I've got that taken care of for you Klarth. I know it is to stop the calling, I'm not sure about the mail though.
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to Tehrasha

to Tehrasha
said by Tehrasha:

said by Pringlescan:

Nope, Ive been using a combination of Google's DNS and OpenDNS servers for over a year.

That is odd. I've been using OpenDNS since I went with mediacom and only get O-DNS's redirect.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

If you guys want to fix this its simple.. I setup my account and gave them my phone number then later i got a new cell provider and a new phone number, but never gave MC my new number, ignorance is bliss... Change your number and dont tell them the new one... LOL

You can still access your account no problem, when you call them you just enter or tell them the old number and no problem. But now they can't call me night and day with offers to upgrade me to BLAH BLAH BLAH.. That was too much.
jrodson69
join:2012-10-02
Independence, IA

jrodson69

Precisely what I do and not just with Mediacom. It's a good idea for most companies.