Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

MSI rolls out details on new G-series gaming Z77 boards

Wait what? Isn't it a little late to be rolling out new Z77 boards? Apparently no, according to MSI:
said by Tom's Hardware :

MSI Reveals the Availability of its G-Series Motherboards

MSI's new Z77 "Gaming Series" motherboards were first announced at CEBIT 2013 and is advertised as offering a "one size fits all" approach for gamers.

MSI first announced its new Z77 Gaming or G-Series motherboards in February during CEBIT 2013 and has now confirmed that the series will be released this year and be available "far into 2014."

This range of motherboards is advertised by the company as offering a "one size fits all" approach whereby gamers can "enjoy [their] Gaming motherboard without paying for features you'll never use. This evidently allows the company to "provide true Gaming motherboards in segments the market has never seen before."

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible

Interesting, but doesn't really tell us a whole lot about these new boards.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I think that MSI has lost it's name in the motherboard category. I had an X58 MSI board and it was crap.

I replaced with an Asrock and have changed to using them as my main motherboard for my systems.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
thats different, they have always used blue its red now huh

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I have to admit, the addition of the Killer NIC onboard is rather nice, since Tom's did show that their wired and wireless have really improved a lot from that initial debut; then again, I was always a fan of the principle of having a pure hardware NIC if at all possible.

The image doesn't specify whether the "SB Cinema" is derived from what series of their chips, and the other question that comes to mind is that... since I certainly like to play older games now and again, would said onboard also support Creative's ALchemy software and patching so that those game made before OpenAL would still have their full audio experience.

The pictures sadly don't tell a whole lot of anything about what kinda ports they have, and of course it'll have to wait till MSI gets them out there in people's and reviewer's hands before we see whether they can overclock worth a damn.

I only used MSI for a board once, wayyy back when. It certainly wasn't bad either. I had hung on to it basically until I was able to find the DFI that eventually based the old tower that refuses to die.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
That's weird. I just bought a GD-65 and it's nothing like that. Mines blue and there's no networking and SB stuff... thankfully.