Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX
reply to motorola870

Re: TWC dallas just a matter of time before 8 ch. downstream?

You really should try and start working for TWC, maybe out of their location on Matlock.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by warlock56:

You really should try and start working for TWC, maybe out of their location on Matlock.

that is a good suggestion but no thanks I am going to school for computer networking though maybe I will get some work experience with working on computer networks before I go to work for somewhere like TWC where I would start out as an installer.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to warlock56
said by warlock56:

Honestly I would love to have 8 channel bonding soon but I think it is going to take a few more months maybe until the summer to implement thanks to having the 6 current downstream channels wedged in between SDV QAMs on the frequency plan got to move something as there is no room right there next to the current downstream channels for 2 more DOCSIS Channels.

I don't know what that VOD maintenance was about but it looked like they made some changes last week as Wednesday I came in from night classes at college and watched family guy and then went to go into VOD and it started throwing up errors such as SRM and 5001 and startover/lookback would try to start a show and the little animation that shows that video is loading timed out so I would have to guess they were replacing equipment. Back on March 5th TWC did some changes where they unloaded some QAMs and took them down and brought them back up unencrypted when they moved what was on 104.x and 105.x to 18.x and 25.x and added 2.1 Discovery Channel HD so I think TWC has been replacing equipment such as the QAM modulators with newer ones that can handle more QAM carrier outputs per port which would make since as there is limited rack space at the headend/hub. Oh and my modem did not change the downstreams on thursday morning it was on wednesday which was likely a dynamic channel change. But I do think TWC was making changes to the VOD QAMs and are probably (best guess as they announced changes for San Antonio 2 months out for QAM assignment relocation for locals and they usually do things at a state level now so they will do an area at a time for upgrades so I am betting that between now and May 28th we could see the 8 channel bonding changes) going to start on the changes to the internet soon I can't say when thanks to the network status page being removed.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
something is going on tonight with maintenance! Looks Like TWC opened up 771MHz and 777MHz for the 7th and 8th DOCSIS downstream channels and moved the SDV QAMs around from 104 (675MHz) to 119 (765MHz) and 128 (819MHz) to 135 (861MHz)

motorola870

Arlington, TX
I am going to assume that starting as early as next week people in the North Texas area should start seeing 8 channels on the downstream now that TWC took care of the SDV ajacency issue to the DOCSIS channels

clueless
Premium
join:2008-09-16
Glendale, CA
reply to motorola870
Interesting to hear you were getting SRM related VOD errors. I thought by now all of the Seachange VOD systems were removed from the TWC areas. By any chance were you in a former Comcast area (prior to the 2006 Comcast/Adelphia/TWC/Merger) split?

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
All of DFW was Comcast but was handed over to twc for the merger.